Spectra chrome (plastic/metal...) coating, & flexible

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
has anyone here tried that?

The candy paint on top of it looked amazing.
It reminds me of the chrome diecast plastic underneath our hot wheels cars.

I was watching YouTube painting videos of painting candy colors like candy apple red, wine, & Merlot colors and Spectra Chrome – Advanced "Spray-On" Chrome Technology ‘s one hour commercial popped up last night.
People were coating their distributor caps, anything.

I thought the the bumpers and flexible plastic facia was impressive.
Cheap alternative?
Gimmicky?
Does it last?

The Ultimate Spray Chrome Comparison - Alsa Corp - Spectra Chrome
-not quite an independent review.

Your final question is the same one I've had ever since this stuff debuted. Until it passes the tests of time, durability and especially UV stability I will not be convinced.

I get a call every six months from a place in New York trying to convince me to add it to my arsenal. The "basic start up package" is like $26,000 for a few bottles of chemicals, an instruction manual and what looks to be a cheesy little spray booth thing. No thanks ...

Your final question is the same one I've had ever since this stuff debuted. Until it passes the tests of time, durability and especially UV stability I will not be convinced.

I get a call every six months from a place in New York trying to convince me to add it to my arsenal. The "basic start up package" is like $26,000 for a few bottles of chemicals, an instruction manual and what looks to be a cheesy little spray booth thing. No thanks ...
Twenty six grand? Do they think you’re stupid?
It pisses me off the mentality of con artists.

I am very glad that YOU did not get taken in.
I didn’t look to far into it while focusing on something else. The only thing worth $26K to me is good condition: 426/440 60’s a body, 68/69 charger, 49-51 merc, NOS Helliphant or some other ridiculous GOOD deal.

Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't jump anyway. I have my hands more than full with regular powder work and have no interest in stooping to spray-on chrome. I rank it up there with spray-on hair.

Hey I resemble that remark!
?format=1000w.jpg

:rofl: Just kidding

-
Back