Speedhut Gas Gauge Manual Calibration

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to calibrate the fuel gauge without removing it from the tank or draining the tank? Set the empty position, fill up and set the full?

I just bought and having customized a dual gauge (1 with oil, gas, temp and volts and the other with the Speedo and Tach) and could have sworn I saw how to do it on the web site.

After watching the videos a couple times on calibration I get the feeling that you can set the empty and full settings independently and at different times. Theoretically you could drive to empty, move to manual calibration mode and set the high ohm value, then fill up and set the low ohm value for full. Can anyone confirm this? I just reinstalled my tank with new gaskets etc and don't want to remove it again.

Why not give their customer service/tech rep a call and see what they have to say about that?

Last edited:
You are going to have to give me some idea. What is a "speedhut" fuel gauge? Link? Model / part no?

G-FUELLEV-01

2-1/16" Speedhut Fuel Level Gauge (programmable)

From the instructions:
***Manual Calibration***
How to calibrate the FUEL LEVEL gauge to a custom Ohm Range:
If the preset ranges will not work for your fuel level sender then you have the option to manually calibrate the gauge.

Required: Fuel level sensor MUST be connected to gauge during manual calibration. The Fuel Level sender must be in the corresponding Full or Empty state that you desire to calibrate. (If the fuel level sender is installed in a fuel tank, the tank will have to be full to calibrate the full condition and the tank will have to be empty to calibrate the empty condition.)

1. While the gauge is powered up, press and hold the button down for 10-12 seconds until pointer (needle) points at ‘1/8’ tank then
release the button.

2. Press and release button until the pointer is pointing at the 'F' (see figure 1). Hold the button down for 2 seconds. Release the button;
the pointer will now oscillate between 'E' and 'F'. You are now in Manual Calibration mode.

3. To calibrate Empty condition, follow manual calibration steps 1 & 2: While your fuel tank is empty; when the pointer points at ‘E’ press the button. The gauge will exit the calibration menu and will attempt to display the current fuel level.

To calibrate Full condition, follow manual calibration steps 1 & 2: While your fuel tank is full;
when the pointer points at ‘F’ press the button.
The gauge will exit the calibration menu and will attempt to display the current fuel level.

Important: Both Empty and Full conditions have to be calibrated before the gauge will display the fuel level accurately.

I programmed mine using the ohm setting instructions. I don’t remember if you can can tell me what they are I will remember The different ohm values in the instructions.

They have several presets, but they are the same ohm range for the NOS sending units. I have a new sending unit and my gauge is near death anyway so I will be going to a new one. I will call them I guess. It's just not clear if you have to set the full and empty in that order as in the instructions or if they are independent and that it doesn't matter if you set full today and then empty when you ran out of gas a week from now. Otherwise you'd have to lose a tank of gas to set them up correctly which I can't imagine.

Set it to the lowest setting. I put in a new sending unit too from Autozone. Do you have an ohm meter

I do, but from what I understand is that the new senders ohm range is not consistent with common ohm ranges for Ford/Chrysler. If your is working with the presets and a new sender that's great! I think the range is 70-10 ohms which is closest to Mopar.

-
Back