speedmaster 440 heads

-

UDUST81

Reaction score
anyone looked into these or tried these?

http://store.speedmaster79.com/p-27...s-cast-no-vj-bare-aluminum-cylinder-head.aspx

they look a lot like edelbrock victor heads but yet they say the exhaust, intake, and spark plug style are standard unlike the edelbrock victors. i emailed them about this and no response. they seem like good value and i saw a thread on here about small block heads from them and a member said they looked just as good if not better than edelbrocks. and for 400 each and a 12 month warranty they are tempting.

and i know theyre probably chinese... i dont want to talk about Chinese politics thats not what im asking i just want to know if anyone has tried these or not and knows FIRSTHAND whether they're any good or not thank you

I thought eddy's had 85cc chambers and flow 290cc?

LMAO!!!! were actually talking about the small block heads in the small block forum right now. These are actually Procomp heads. From everything I've read in other forums over the last few months, I'd say about 2/3rds of the people online say they are a great alternative to Edelbrocks. On my next build I'm going to try a set.

Eddy's today are not what they use to be. With that said every mass produced head, not just Eddy's, should be checked out by a professional machinist. So considering that I'd say pull the trigger on the Procomps and have them checked out. A lot cheaper in the end. Just be sure to buy from an actual retailer and not Epay. This way if they have a flaw that is not easily repairable, you can send them back for a replacement. Less hassle than dealing with Epay and the seller. Let us know how you made out!

I guess I should of read the whole original post lol! I got trigger happy with the fingers to be the first to comment :eek:ops:

I guess I should of read the whole original post lol! I got trigger happy with the fingers to be the first to comment :eek:ops:

its cool lol i just didnt want any of the "damn chinese cant make cylinder heads/crap design blah blah blah" china hate that usually comes with any heads that arnt from america

they look a lot like edelbrock victor heads but yet they say the exhaust, intake, and spark plug style are standard unlike the edelbrock victors.

Looks like angled spark plugs if that matters, I know to some it will.
Says pushrod oiling. But looks like maybe the heads are drilled for rocker shaft oiling. Anyone know for sure?
Will need to oil the rocker shaft/rocker arm contact somehow.

The complete heads say 2.1 intake valve diameter, but the bare heads say 2.2.

Are the bolt holes heli-coiled?

Looks like angled spark plugs if that matters, I know to some it will.

Are the bolt holes heli-coiled?

no clue i know when a member on here bought the small block heads he made a video and all the bolt holes on those were helicoiled

I have a set of the heads in question. Bought them bare cnc'd. Then i bought there corresponding valves as well. Trying to get any information about these heads from procomp is worthless, at least in my experience. They're basically identical to the victors from what i here, with the exception of no heli-coiled bolt holes. The set i have has 2.25 intake with 1.81 exhaust valve diameter. Throat is opened to 90% from procomp. Valves from them are 5.5" OAL, might be to long havent put rockers on them yet, or down a valve job. Which was horrible btw. Guide clearance was good though. Feel free to ask questions.

so if they are just like the victors are the intake and exhaust ports not in the stock position?

theyre both raised, same as the victors. Dont remember how much off the top of my head, wanna say .600 intake and .250 exhaust. Could be wrong.

Runner is raised but extended out far enough that a standard intake bolts up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,365
Do these take standard style rocker arms or do they need offset ones?

Ted

Makes the Edelbrocks look better and better.

-
Back