SPEEDMASTER ALUMINUM HEADS

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of SPEEDMASTER aluminum heads good or bad ? Found a pair of new ones for a good price.

I have a pair, the castings are decent. There was a ton of info from December on them. They are a good street head with quality parts and proper set up for your application.

I believe ppl are waiting. The demand was pretty high for Black Friday. I have a few sets of them. They are actually pretty nice. Kim

Got several sets. Two sets in use on bracket cars. One set ported by IMM in Indio ca, that 360 has run in the 10.50s in Las Vegas. Second set was their CNc head with valve job done by local machine shop. That car has run 11.40s, should run faster this weekend. Nothing is the heads fault.

I've got a set that I bought from another FABO member. I'm going to get them checked by a friend with a race engine shop. He builds NASCAR and CASCAR engines, and is kinda like the Farmers Ins ad...…"He knows a thing or two, cause he's seen a thing or two! LOL

I've got a set that I bought from another FABO member. I'm going to get them checked by a friend with a race engine shop. He builds NASCAR and CASCAR engines, and is kinda like the Farmers Ins ad...…"He knows a thing or two, cause he's seen a thing or two! LOL
Will let us know a thing or two when you find out a thing or two.. :thumbsup:...

Got several sets. Two sets in use on bracket cars. One set ported by IMM in Indio ca, that 360 has run in the 10.50s in Las Vegas. Second set was their CNc head with valve job done by local machine shop. That car has run 11.40s, should run faster this weekend. Nothing is the heads fault.
Would you mind giving details on the engines? I’m building a 360 using the IMM heads and was wondering what I can expect. Thanks

360 4.070 bore....kb 741 pistons...scat i beam 4340 rods...stock 360 crank internally balanced
Speedmaster aluminum heads with 2.055 intake and 1.60 exhaust...
MP 590 camshaft.....Eddy Victor 340 intake worked on my IMM
Pac 1903 springs...Crane 1.5 rockers...MP race electronic distributor with MSD 7-2 I think..
TTi 1 7/8 headers.....usually run 1 3/4 hookers with 360
Turbo Action 4400 series converter....flashes 5200
904 with 2.74/1.55 gear set...4.30 Strange Dana 60.....usually run 4.56 with 360.....
10 x 29 Hoosier Slicks...

This is a spare motor until the 408 get finished...this short block with Eddy heads ran 10.31 at sealevel....my guess it could run the same again...
in fact I had two sets of aluminum heads ported by IMM...one Eddy and one SM...flow sheets were identical...
maybe he was saving paper...lol....actually they varied a few cfm....

Got several sets. Two sets in use on bracket cars. One set ported by IMM in Indio ca, that 360 has run in the 10.50s in Las Vegas. Second set was their CNc head with valve job done by local machine shop. That car has run 11.47, should run faster this weekend. Nothing is the heads fault.

Even with a higher DA this weekend....made two runs best 11.268 @ 117.41

Dropped off a set of the CNC speedmaster head for a new valve job....These were a complete set with valves and springs from Speedmaster. Asked the guy to upgrade the valve job,,,,,lol
And the valve springs are going to replaced and he will flow bench one port.....4 to 6 weeks....

4 to 6 weeks...cause he is porting another set for me.....lol

Anyone ever hear of SPEEDMASTER aluminum heads good or bad ? Found a pair of new ones for a good price.
Unfortunately they are produced in China.
Permanently of my menu.
Buy American we will all be better off.

Unfortunately they are produced in China.
Permanently of my menu.
Buy American we will all be better off.

Dont really care about what is on your menu.....it is my money...
and that computer you are using....where was it made....??

@Avispa was the guy who waited a long time for his to ship. He's selling his but I'm not sure if he posted them yet.

You might PM him if you're interested in buying some.

Go to the political thread and express you dislike for foreign made parts...

Dont really care about what is on your menu.....it is my money...
and that computer you are using....where was it made....??
Well I really dont care about your money
Edit: He asked so I told him
Lighten up

Last edited:
-
Back