speedmaster cylinder heads

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Anyone heard of these.racingjunk ad For Sale: Mopar Chrysler SB 318 340 360 Cylinder Head
PCE435.1056

Ad #182220135

I have had some experience with the product line. Do yourself a favor and dont finish your car. I would rather the car sit than run that crap. Poor machining, porosity issues just to name a couple, not to mention the customer service is just as bad!

We just did a set of those at Promax for my Dakota's 360, Chris Hillyard (of Hillyard Performance Racing, formerly of Muscle Motors) thought that the quality of the pro comps were equal to a set of eddlebrocks, they went together without a fight or anything like that

pro comps aka speedmaster are turning out some really descent heads now a days buy em bare

I have a set of their small block heads. Got them on ebay when they had a deal going. Made an offer and got them bare for 500 bucks about 4 years ago. I haven't done anything with them yet but the castings look very nice. Real smooth and clean. Speedmaster/procomp does have a poor reputation but they look great and were dirt cheap. I'll know how they really are when it comes time to port and assemble.

bare castings would be the safest bet. Your going to put everything together to give you a chance to check fitment and such.

like any head diffidently have them gone over by a professional machine shop

the Speedmaster heads are machine and assembled in Southern California...in a machine shop just down the street from their warehouse...they also do the CNC work on the heads......Sounds like professional shop to me....LOL

One Friday afternoon..I was looking at there catalog online, they had the incorrect price for the CNC hydraulic roller spring head, I put what I thought was a set in the basket. Waited a while to see if they were rejected or whatever. Made the purchase on a Friday afternoon. Well, Monday that price had been corrected and I emailed them concerning the purchase. They said they would honor the price, I asked about tracking number on the shipping, they said the heads were at the machine shop being CNC,machined and assembled and that they would ship on Friday. Friday came and I got 4 tracking numbers....LOL I got each complete CNC head assembled for 250 bucks...with free shipping of course.

Mine

0303171047.jpg

-
Back