Speedmaster sale. It started

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
9F567058-AF5F-44A8-93A9-4FCB4C28A18B.jpeg

Any idea what the weight is on the bare cnc alum sb heads? Im contemplating buying a pr and having shipped to a member for reshipping to me in Ontario.
Are they boxed decently?
Thanks
Steve
Speedmaster Promotion

My bare heads were boxed separately and then put in a big box. I would rather they shipped separately as that’s a lot of weight but I’m sure it’s cheaper that way.

Any idea(ballpark) on what the weight on yours was John? Yeah 1 pkg is cheaper than 2, but the weight of one....
My bare heads were boxed separately and then put in a big box. I would rather they shipped separately as that’s a lot of weight but I’m sure it’s cheaper that way.

I noticed aluminum big block heads are approximately weighing in at a 1/3 the weight of iron. Give or take.

Can you still get the deal if a part is out of stock.

Those without a good machine shop, buy the cnc heads.
Those who can do the work... buy bare...what ever you buy.

Just know there'll be a very pleased Chinese president when you hit proceed. Lol

Oh and buy valves too.lol
@34 bucks....****...

Isn't better to buy the bare heads or buy the built heads?

Cnc heads still need to be looked over w/ a new valve job possibly correct? What about having them ported more or do the cnc flow pretty close to max?

Ok I pulled the trigger and purchased the CNC heads for 1092 shipped. I read through some old speed master threads and it says to have them checked and the valve job redone, so I will look for a shop around me to do that.

I didnt order the rockers but may circle back and buy them at a later date.

Following in the footsteps of Tony.

Isn't better to buy the bare heads or buy the built heads?

Cnc heads still need to be looked over w/ a new valve job possibly correct? What about having them ported more or do the cnc flow pretty close to max?

Depends on the cam, if you plan to check them ..and if you have parts laying around to implement..what you're doing.
I'd rather buy the good parts and put it together. I don't like mystery valve springs and I prefer to use comp super locks n retainers. That's the best **** comp has besides pro magnum rockers..the cams are 3rd.

Ok I pulled the trigger and purchased the CNC heads for 1092 shipped. I read through some old speed master threads and it says to have them checked and the valve job redone, so I will look for a shop around me to do that.

I didnt order the rockers but may circle back and buy them at a later date.

Following in the footsteps of Tony.
There's really no sense in going into what their valves and springs are like because they don't have those heads for sale right now they're out of stock. I bought them with valves and springs and retainers and they've been working fine for 2 years.. I practically wasted $95 to have them checked to be told there was nothing wrong with them in the spring rates were super close to what I had already...
Personally I don't like those aluminum rockers whatsoever. They look like the ProForm ones and I ordered those from Summit one time and sent them back the same day...

-
Back