Speedmaster sale. It started

-
Hope you guys get your parts, they canceled my order from last year around the end of summer.
I will no do business with them again.

Have any of you guys bought the big block aluminum water pump housing from Speedmaster? I'm curious if it has small water passages like a lot oft he other bb aluminum pump housings out there.
I got one about 4 years ago and it was the small passage version.
I don't know if it's been corrected.

What did you order?..
Big block top end.
Must have talked to the customer service every few weeks.
Initially they were waiting on the intake, then other parts were missing.
After a while they canceled on me.
Screw them

I went from saying I would never buy a set to buying three sets, one intake, two sets of valves and a set of head studs. All in two years. Lol

Thanks! That's a bummer. I was hoping the lone review on Summit was an outlier. Oh well...
Its a bummer more folks don't leave reviews.
It can really clear up confusion or identify issues and spare others the headache...as for speedmaster, yeah right ..THEY REMOVE BAD REVIEWS AND OR REVIEWS THAT HURT A POTENTIAL SALE.

Lol crooks

The valves and bare aluminum are imo the best deals from those crooks.

Thanks! That's a bummer. I was hoping the lone review on Summit was an outlier. Oh well...
A little grinding will correct the flow restriction.
As with any offshore product, it takes a little detailing and blueprinting.
The savings and subpar quality is worth it to some.

A little grinding will correct the flow restriction.
As with any offshore product, it takes a little detailing and blueprinting.
The savings and subpar quality is worth it to some.
What did you use to open it up some? An angle die grinder and short carbide bit? It seems like a tight fit to get any tooling in there.

I've already got a 'new' old 440source until and it's REALLY tight and with tiny water passages.

I’m staying strong so far and haven’t bought any so I think I’m good. I should be picking up my AR 15-22 this weekend and my new car lift system shipped yesterday

What did you use to open it up some? An angle die grinder and short carbide bit? It seems like a tight fit to get any tooling in there.

I've already got a 'new' old 440source until and it's REALLY tight and with tiny water passages.
A combination of porting burrs, I have several flexible burrs.
I already had the burrs, so no expense there.

They want $180 in shipping for an intake manifold and 1 set of valve covers. No free shipping to Hawaii. Last year my order had free shipping but that ship has sailed. Hawaii is back to international/non-American status.

Have any of you guys bought the big block aluminum water pump housing from Speedmaster? I'm curious if it has small water passages like a lot oft he other bb aluminum pump housings out there.

Oops. Should have quoted this one for the above reply.

I’m staying strong so far and haven’t bought any so I think I’m good. I should be picking up my AR 15-22 this weekend and my new car lift system shipped yesterday

I've been meaning to pick one of those up, I used to have a MP 15-22, sold it but now want another for my son. I have 5k rounds of .22 but no .22 rifle lol.

My order has been sent already wow that was quick. Good job speedmaster!

Speedmaster had a sale 2-3 years ago and I bought a pair of bare BB heads for $502 shipped. That's for both heads.
I sent them to PRH and they didn't need much except redoing the quickie factory valve job. They were definitely not junk.
With a little bowl blending (stage 1 porting) they now flow 293.5 cfm. Hoping to put them on this winter.

Speedmaster had a sale 2-3 years ago and I bought a pair of bare BB heads for $502 shipped. That's for both heads.
I sent them to PRH and they didn't need much except redoing the quickie factory valve job. They were definitely not junk.
With a little bowl blending (stage 1 porting) they now flow 293.5 cfm. Hoping to put them on this winter.
standard or offset rocker ?

Any idea what the weight is on the bare cnc alum sb heads? Im contemplating buying a pr and having shipped to a member for reshipping to me in Ontario.
Are they boxed decently?

I was able to dig mine out for a look. These are for the non-cnc bare SB heads. The boxes are 5x9x23 inches and weigh 23 pounds each. The packaging is functionally adequate but nothing more. My heads were shipped together in a secondary box and made the trip with no damage, even though the outer box and both inner boxes suffered some holes and rash. The inner packaging is a sheet of 3/8" styrofoam on the valve side, with an extra cardboard cover over the manifold surfaces.

DSCN1272.JPG

I went searching through Parts Mountain, and I could have sworn I had one of these but if I do, it's not going to be located any time soon. :(

Thanks! Zach can you tell what the ports are? Magnum or LA? Their website says Magnum? I'm thinking of a set for my 340.
Thanks again
I was able to dig mine out for a look. These are for the non-cnc bare SB heads. The boxes are 5x9x23 inches and weigh 23 pounds each. The packaging is functionally adequate but nothing more. My heads were shipped together in a secondary box and made the trip with no damage, even though the outer box and both inner boxes suffered some holes and rash. The inner packaging is a sheet of 3/8" styrofoam on the valve side, with an extra cardboard cover over the manifold surfaces.

View attachment 1715827724

I went searching through Parts Mountain, and I could have sworn I had one of these but if I do, it's not going to be located any time soon. :(

-
Back