Speedmaster sale. It started

-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L2UNFK/?tag=fabo03-20

I bought these for my TF heads ($395 2 years ago). The threads needed cleaned out some, and the oil holes chased with a reamer to get rid of some chips. Otherwise they've worked well since install. Looks to be in-stock too.

The PRW rockers with bushing appear to be one of the better of the cheaper brand rockers. I’m not sure what the lower priced Harland Sharp rockers are selling for. I sure wish I would have bought about 500 set of the old Crane and Isky rockers that we ran on almost everything years ago. Banana groove the shafts and we beat the piss out of them.

The PRW rockers with bushing appear to be one of the better of the cheaper brand rockers. I’m not sure what the lower priced Harland Sharp rockers are selling for. I sure wish I would have bought about 500 set of the old Crane and Isky rockers that we ran on almost everything years ago. Banana groove the shafts and we beat the piss out of them.

HS are going from $830 to $900 depending on which exact kit.

I had a set of PRW 1.5 alum rockers on my RHS 'X' heads prior to the TF heads, and they did not line up well on the valve stems of the TF heads. They were WAY to the intake side, and swept clear across to the center of the stem at full lift (around .600 lift). The stainless 1.6 rockers landed close to center, and the sweep was decently narrow and didn't sweep much from 1/2 to full lift either. 3/8 pushrods also fit with no grinding, but I had to be super careful with the shimming of the rockers.

Speaking of the shims, I did find that I had to get creative. I think the stands on the TF heads are wider than they were on my RHS heads, and some of the thicker spacers didn't fit like my original setup and took a stack of 3-4 shims of varying thickness to get adequate clearance. That was my only real gripe about the whole setup.

HS are going from $830 to $900 depending on which exact kit.

I had a set of PRW 1.5 alum rockers on my RHS 'X' heads prior to the TF heads, and they did not line up well on the valve stems of the TF heads. They were WAY to the intake side, and swept clear across to the center of the stem at full lift (around .600 lift). The stainless 1.6 rockers landed close to center, and the sweep was decently narrow and didn't sweep much from 1/2 to full lift either. 3/8 pushrods also fit with no grinding, but I had to be super careful with the shimming of the rockers.

Speaking of the shims, I did find that I had to get creative. I think the stands on the TF heads are wider than they were on my RHS heads, and some of the thicker spacers didn't fit like my original setup and took a stack of 3-4 shims of varying thickness to get adequate clearance. That was my only real gripe about the whole setup.

I spend hours setting up and shimming my rockers. I have .015, .030, .060, .125, .250, and .500 shims and probably a few more sizes. After I’m done I etch every rocker and shaft hold-downs for position and ratio when I am satisfied.
63F77E20-CD6A-47C0-B7E9-4A3708EFD42C.jpeg
A4430715-E653-4AC7-9882-FEF01EFC989C.jpeg

Are the Speedmaster stainless rockers the same as the PRW stainless rockers? I've had great luck with my PRW's (once inspected of course).

I've been questioning all along if you and your buddies ever have drag race cars lol... I've yet to see a time slip...:rolleyes:...
I was in Vantucky the other day and snap the shot of you and your buddy...
I didn't know you worked out?...lol..:D..
View attachment 1715828988
I'm surprised you didn't get one of those bags and a keychain and little rubber drink coasters?... I tried to give the bag to my wife and even she turned her nose up at it LOL...
I had a body like that I would not be buying speed master parts lol

All my stuff showed up yesterday....got the key chain...coaster...and bag...plus a couple decals..

did you get one of the few cnc’d sets???

Yes I did, I waited up until midnight for the sale to start lol. I got the assembled CNC heads, thats why I have been asking so many questions with the rockers and head studs... assembled heads were easier for me since I don't know all the special stuff when setting up the heads, had help from tony when I did my stock heads.

Heck even with rockers what the heck is shimming, skimming and trimming... lol

The dang speedmaster head bolts keep coming in stock and by the time I see the notification email a couple hours later they are already gone. :mad:

Yes I did, I waited up until midnight for the sale to start lol. I got the assembled CNC heads, thats why I have been asking so many questions with the rockers and head studs... assembled heads were easier for me since I don't know all the special stuff when setting up the heads, had help from tony when I did my stock heads.

Heck even with rockers what the heck is shimming, skimming and trimming... lol

The dang speedmaster head bolts keep coming in stock and by the time I see the notification email a couple hours later they are already gone. :mad:

Good you should be very happy.

I GOT My CNC 190 heads Today.
I ordered when they were in stock, later in the day they were labeled “out of stock” -
I got an email saying they couldn’t ship because they were out of stock. Then got an email saying they were shipped.

well, I got them. boxes were bet up,
etched numbers indicated they were cast in 2017.
and ai am wondering if I got someone’s return.
Actually disappointed in the quality.
BUT. They were cheap. Need a BIT of work before I would run them.
wow. Cnc porting is quite rough.
You can see every tool movement progression into the port.
B9492F83-BF21-40DB-A03F-3257DFAD5C6B.jpeg

Is this what you get for the low price?
I can understand. But the deal I thought I was getting was a disappointment. !?

Looks like guides were punched in after CNC was done.
An aluminum chip around the guide chippped of with my finger.
Even the rocker rail has deep gouge marks where it was machined (?)
Beautiful on the outside, until you look close.

Look at it this way. If you buy a set of Edelbrock heads they need some touch up work too. At least after you touch yours up you will have an extra 50-70 horsepower more.

Post up some more photos!! That's good information to have for folks thinking about purchasing these heads.
Really-
2017 castings. I’m thinking i got some reworked returns.
No problem if they are ok.
But really rough.
Definitely not bolt on and go.

1D100327-EF9E-41F0-ABC8-B9EDD20721E4.jpeg

2487572B-7828-4219-8474-BAFB09B3D3A8.jpeg

0D52EEEE-F8B0-42D3-9E93-C45D15C3CFF7.jpeg

Top left bottom pic. porting cut into valve cover bolt hole.

hell, I’ve done that. But I dint design the ones i was cutting on!

Look at it this way. If you buy a set of Edelbrock heads they need some touch up work too. At least after you touch yours up you will have an extra 50-70 horsepower more.
Absolutely right.

I got my heads today. My ports look just like the ones @6pak as well, not the most of my concerns, i was going to have them looked over.

What concerns me is these little pin holes. Found one in 2 different ports, the other one by where the valve is.

Should I be concerned, or is it an easy fix for a machine shop? Should I call Speedmaster and get them to send me different ones? Maybe @70aarcuda can chime in with if he had this on any of his previous sets?

20211210_133940.jpg

20211210_134335.jpg

20211210_134344.jpg

20211210_134258.jpg

Here are measurements of the holes, which are on both cylinder heads, they all range between 3-5mm and are located in the intake runners (I think is the name...?) And the valve chamber?

20211210_140041.jpg

20211210_140134.jpg

20211210_140149.jpg

20211210_140501.jpg

20211210_140517.jpg

20211210_133940.jpg

I suppose they could aluminum weld it and polish it up? but you shouldnt have to pay for that if they are brand new.

-
Back