Speedmaster small block heads sale must have gone good

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lots of stuff on back order. Hmmmm I wonder if you order something now if they would charge up front.

D5158958-26B3-4A15-9161-D9D3D7F9E50B.jpeg

AE2F39D4-22D4-4EE9-95A5-E26C207DB3A0.jpeg

32431B59-02A2-4D8B-BB21-5EFA59BAF2E3.jpeg

1E586839-2BAF-4E45-9F85-D1890B318930.jpeg

I’m trying to decide if I want to buy another set… I have a spare motor I want to build into a 416 this year and everything is already on back order…

Or if I should make my cheap *** buy TF heads… but 1k vs 2800 on a street motor… Not for racing…

I bought 2 sets of rockers, the SS ones and the Aluminum DNA ones. :thumbsup:

I’m trying to decide if I want to buy another set… I have a spare motor I want to build into a 416 this year and everything is already on back order…

Or if I should make my cheap *** buy TF heads… but 1k vs 2800 on a street motor… Not for racing…

I bought 2 sets of rockers, the SS ones and the Aluminum DNA ones. :thumbsup:

You made me go back and look at those DNA rockers as I’ve seen them advertised before and read up on them. I have a .030 over 360 block, balanced cast crank, Molnar rods, and good pistons that my son ran 6.54 with in his duster with a .620 lift roller cam. Just this weekend I kicked around selling that combo. But as I almost placed those rockers in my cart I thought more about it. If I sell it apart I wouldn’t need the rockers, if I sold the short block I wouldn’t need the rockers. Then boom I came to my senses and passed on buying them.

You made me go back and look at those DNA rockers as I’ve seen them advertised before and read up on them. I have a .030 over 360 block, balanced cast crank, Molnar rods, and good pistons that my son ran 6.54 with in his duster with a .620 lift roller cam. Just this weekend I kicked around selling that combo. But as I almost placed those rockers in my cart I thought more about it. If I sell it apart I wouldn’t need the rockers, if I sold the short block I wouldn’t need the rockers. Then boom I came to my senses and passed on buying them.

I’ve wanted to get them since they came out, don’t know how much better they are than the SS rockers but they were only 20 bucks more.

Do you know off the top of your head what TF heads flow ootb?

I’ve wanted to get them since they came out, don’t know how much better they are than the SS rockers but they were only 20 bucks more.

Do you know off the top of your head what TF heads flow ootb?

Almost exactly what they advertise. One of the few companies I can say that about. At least the small block set I have.

So about 20-25hp more than SM heads for 1700 more dollars…

Just assuming based on flow numbers and both ootb

Question is l- are they worth it? I don’t remember if Tony ever got to run his TF heads on one of his builds. He had so many sets of everything from SM and it seemed every engine he built had SM cnc heads on it.

Miss being able to text him and ask questions directly.

@fishmens67

numbers in the first post

Know anyone on the US side of the border? One of the shipping forwarder deals that hold packages?
No I'm 6 hours from the border. My cast heads are at a shop waiting for a rebuild anyway. I'll just go with them.

I was on the phone with them today, ordering an aluminum 9" center. Would have saved about $500.
Something about my credit card their computer didn't like (billing address was wrong? WTF?) so I canceled. Ended up saving $900 more.

I got a set of the Big block dna rockers, small block head studs, and an adjustable ring compressor. Well see how it all works!

hope they go by "first come, first serve". If so, mine will be in the mail monday because I got a tracking number

I bought another set of cnc speedmaster heads. backorder unfortunately. Normally I only buy speedmaster stuff that doesn't move :). But now bought a set of roller rockers.

I got a set of the Big block dna rockers, small block head studs, and an adjustable ring compressor. Well see how it all works!

I would check those head studs very carefully. The nut may be (in my experience) very loose on the thread. I compared them to a set of arp....day and night difference.

I was on the phone with them today, ordering an aluminum 9" center. Would have saved about $500.
Something about my credit card their computer didn't like (billing address was wrong? WTF?) so I canceled. Ended up saving $900 more.

I had that same problem with Vivid racing last week and did an online discussion. They were supposed to call me but never did so I bought elsewhere. I’m glad I did as I won’t be dealing with them.

I'm gonna order a set of the Pontiac Ram Air IV CNC'd heads later today. It would push it to rebuild the 4X heads on our 77 Trans Am SE for the same price! I already have a set of Seedblaster SB Mopar heads that I bought from a member here.

I'm gonna order a set of the Pontiac Ram Air IV CNC'd heads later today. It would push it to rebuild the 4X heads on our 77 Trans Am SE for the same price! I already have a set of Seedblaster SB Mopar heads that I bought from a member here.
I have a pair of small block heads on the shelf just in case. They will always be worth their face value if not more. Thanks to @pittsburghracer for doing some port work to them and reporting here. We now know what they are all about. (and not a bad deal really)

I have a pair of small block heads on the shelf just in case. They will always be worth their face value if not more. Thanks to @pittsburghracer for doing some port work to them and reporting here. We now know what they are all about. (and not a bad deal really)

It wasn’t just me. Lots of guys contributed to this project. And still are.

-
Back