Speedometer cable leakage

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
Ok my 64 Dart GT with the 904 is leaking fluid on the steel speedometer casing through the seams. I want to remove the cable and clean it with brake cleaner to remove all of the transmission fluid. Then, I want to seal it up with something. I am not sure what product works the best, so I am looking for suggestions.

Ok my 64 Dart GT with the 904 is leaking fluid on the steel speedometer casing through the seams. I want to remove the cable and clean it with brake cleaner to remove all of the transmission fluid. Then, I want to seal it up with something. I am not sure what product works the best, so I am looking for suggestions.
Sounds like you need to reseal the speedo adapter so oil doesn't get into the cable.

No the cable is not oiled just a light coat of grease on the inner cable you need to fix the pinion seal, easy and cheap.

Speedo%20pinion%20seal.jpg

Ok, so this is what I will do, remove the entire cable, grease the inner cable, replace the cable seal, and reinstall. Should I also grease the seal and where should I buy the seal?

-
Back