spindle foam seals

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
67 disk front spindle, how important is the white poly foam "gasket" behind the rotor? Mine was pretty much gone when I tore it apart. Looks like it might just be more protection for the bearing seal from gunk? What is it called and where do I get 'em? Thanks. oops might be in the wrong forum but the 65-66 might be the same

I've been using black RTV as a seal, never had a problem

Are you talking about the foam that goes between the spindle and the backing plate? I just cut new ones out of some packing foam wrap material I get from time to time in something I've bought.

Are you talking about the foam that goes between the spindle and the backing plate? I just cut new ones out of some packing foam wrap material I get from time to time in something I've bought.

Yes, it looks like the stuff you get wrapped around a picture frame or something. I dont see how RTV would work, maybe you guys are thinking of something else? OOps, I just fugured out how you were using it. Yeah, that might work too, thanks. I forgot it was actually sandwiched between the backing plate and the spindle. Mine was so far gone I thought it was just under the rotor.

-
Back