spindle to lower ball joint bolts

-

afazio01

Reaction score
Guys, looking for a little help.
restored my 69 dart some time ago and noticed the head of the lower rear spindle to ball joint not is not totally against the lower ball joint, can anyone check theirs and tele if this is normal?

also, has anyone changed these? and what did you guys use if so ?

thanks for any help.

You are going to have to post a decent close-up photo. No idea what you are describing

You are going to have to post a decent close-up photo. No idea what you are describing
Ok will get a picture, I think I am describing poorly. Basically the lower ball joint bolts. Anyone replace them? any remanufactures out there?

Ok I gotcha. To tell the truth I don't remember. I believe these are non standard bolts but don't remember. My disk conversion was done with "junk" parts so I used "what was there" from the donor. If your hardware all came from the disk brake (late) donor car it should fit. Otherwise might be possible? you have a defective ball joint, drilled wrong, etc.

There are a lot of variations in lower ball joints. Drum brake or disc brake application, bolt positions varied, threaded holes or bolts through with nuts, left hand and right hand specific too. In any case the parts should mate up flat and tight. I'll guess you have a wrong or bad part.

There are a lot of variations in lower ball joints. Drum brake or disc brake application, bolt positions varied, threaded holes or bolts through with nuts, left hand and right hand specific too. In any case the parts should mate up flat and tight. I'll guess you have a wrong or bad part.

yeah, suppose your right. thanks guys.

-
Back