Splash shields

-

1964Barracuda

Reaction score
Need some help from you early a body experts. I’m looking for information concerning the installation of the front (headlight) and rear (door jamb) splash shields on a ’64 Barracuda. The rear shields seem to be pretty straight forward but front shields are a mystery to me. How are the front shields attached? There are two bolts that go up into the fender area right above the headlamp. What else attaches the shields to the body? There appears to be a series of about 12 holes that clips go in to but I have no idea where the clips go to on the body. Any help will be greatly appreciated especially photos.

2 upper bolts bolt into the front inside fender behind headlight. One bolt goes into a 90 degree bracket off the front valence and the third goes into the rad support.

The small holes are for the weather stripping to clip into. I'll try to get some pics for you.

This is off memory, but I believe that is correct.

Here is a pic of the splash shields with the weather striping installed. I also sprayed the splash shields with a coat of truck box liner,

3095C769-593B-435B-9D20-F9C19EC32BA8.jpeg

Thanks Keith. It appears that the shield is attached with 4 bolts. The rubber weather stripping seems to just rest on the inside of the fender, with no rigid or hard attachment. I'll have to check and see if I can figure out the attachment points on the valance and radiator support. Thanks again.

Thanks for the offer, but for now I think I'll be ok. First I need to take a good look and determine where the attachment points are. I believe that I can figure it out from there.

These Pic's are from my '66 Dart they should be similar to the way they mount on '63 - '66 A bodies .
The 1st I the right side forward shield . It mounts in 4 places .

The second is the the left side rear shield . It mounts in 6 places . 1 bolt is broken off at the very top one.

The 3rd is the right side rear shield mounting holes without the shield in place . It mounts in 6 places .

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

Thanks GGs66GT. The photos help a lot. '66 Darts and '66 Barracuda seem to have similar mountings but the actual shields are not interchangeable. Thanks again to you and Keith Mopar. I've now got a good handle on the shield mounting.

-
Back