spool guns?

-
I bought a "as new out of the box" built for a Lincoln, so it's made for Lincoln but not made BY Linc. I have not idea how many different attachment connectors/ fittings/ etc there might be, but if you do search you should be able to find one made for your welder.

Look up the "SV Seeker" videos, not only are they interesting as hell but according to him, a MIG al gun works GREAT and easy as pie

This guy is buiding an 80 ft steel junk in his yard.....

SV Seeker

Home - SV Seeker

...about the 5 min mark................

Just need a compatible whip, which can very quite a bit between brands. I like spool guns, much more handy dandy for on the spot stuff than a Tig.
Or buy a whip just for Al as mentioned above, and rollers for the drive unit.

Get ahold of Miller and see if you can use a gun on yours. I believe you need to switch polarity for aluminum and use straight argon.

I can switch polarity and I do have argon, but just an old Italian made Dual Mig-131. Like this but has reversible polarity up front via DIN plugs
61bGq7WqTJL._SX522_.jpg

Id have to wire up a switch intercept for the spool gun. cool.

I don't think I'd mess with a spool unless it was one specifically made for my welder. I have an older Hobart, and they don't make a spool for it. If it ever dies, I'll get a Hobart of a Miller with a spool.

-
Back