Spotted in the wild

-

theFightingFew

Always Learning/1975 Valiant Custom/1974 Valiant
Reaction score
Saw this sit'n outside a shop a town over from me during my Sunday evening "constitutional" cruise... Want to try and get back during the day to see what the plans are! A '62? No "spare" tire on the truck lid and round emblem on the grill. Original interior looked pretty darn good. Pushbutton trans. Frame looked decent from what I could see sans a good amount of surface rust. Serious style! (imo)
IMG_20200816_195148.jpg

IMG_20200816_195254.jpg

I think the '62 can use a lot of the newer a body stuff. The '60 and '61 had unique front suspension parts.
Sheet metal is interchangeable with a couple places that need mods, I believe 60’ has a one year only steering gear not sure about 61’ but you are correct about it being the first of the A body body line as most know it but still it’s own.

My '62 Toad jumps. You can have a V8, but you've got to swap it in there yourself.

I don't think the Signet grille emblem on that car is original. Over-restored, maybe?

Edit: Invoking Ron Ziegler again: yes, there was a Signet 200 model in 1962 and I think it did have that grille emblem.

trim on 4-12-2016.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back