Spring Fling '09

-
really looking forward to this show...hoping to find some drivetrain parts for the Duster, anyone got a 340/360 they're bringing down to sell?

I would think there will be some of those there as usuall. But what are you looking for? A core motor to build yourself, used running motor, radical built motor, stock motor...?

Does the Duster run??

Duster ran great until Feb 9 when 2 connecting rods in the Slant 6 shattered. Car is sitting waiting. All i know now is that I want a small block, 340 or 360. I'm fine with doing a rebuild,but would really prefer something that is running or just needs to be freshened up a bit. I would like to spend somewhere around $400 max, so it looks like a rebuild will be the way to go, besides, I just can't leave anything alone. Also going to need a trans and rear end, hopefully a 727 and 8-3/4, may already have the rearend, only from a challenger and need to cut it down. Just had a deal on a 360 i was promised by a friend's dad go sour on me and I intend not to leave the show saturday afternoon without an engine. I hate seeing my car sitting in the driveway everyday...
Autoxcuda....are you one of the guys from Cal Club? I'm the guy on the Cal Poly Pomona Formula team with the gold Duster that shows up to some of the Autocrosses and does the BBQ's while the car sits off to the side.

We need to get some more participation for the cruise. Lets start a roll call.

dart4forte
moparj
ponch
sintro

Sucks I gotta work on Friday. Otherwise I'd be there in the Dart. Would be a great cruise. I could possible skip lunch in order to make it to work in SB. I'll have to think about it.

Sucks I gotta work on Friday. Otherwise I'd be there in the Dart. Would be a great cruise. I could possible skip lunch in order to make it to work in SB. I'll have to think about it.

We are planning a lay-over at the Rock Shop to allow time for MoparJ to get off from work and meet us there. Can you meet us at noon?

hey guys, i will see you at spring fling. but i wont be able to bring my scamp like i had planned. a friend of mine came by to check it out today and ended up buying it. at least i have a spot in the garage for my wagon now. and some extra money to put towards it. see you all next week!

Will be there with both my 62 Valiants,,,,Flat black chop top mid 13 second slant six,and my restored stock aluminum block slant six with 2 one barrels,will be hard to miss,will be there Sunday,Mark

NEW SPRING FLING ENTRY AND EXIT GATE

Here's a show layout map that illustrates the separation of the driven show car gate and the swap/trailered show car gate.

Driven show cars only will enter AND exit in the north gate starting around 7:00 am. There is no long dirt/dusty road through this entry/exit gate.

Swap meeters AND show cars with trailers will enter AND exit in the south (traditional) gate.

We trial ran this at Fall Fling last year and it went great. People loved it! Lines on Woodley were reduced drastically.

No inter-mixing of swappers and driven show cars in line. No swappers having to drive around show cars and show car trailers in line anymore. Greatly reduced idle time for driven show cars.

5175810-SF09MapOfParkDisplay.JPG

That map corresponds to this picture

5175810-DSC_3387a.JPG

Where is the FABO section going to be?

I'll mark it out on Friday afternoon. The show parking people will lead you there.

What's the FABO Spring Fling Saturday Resverved Parking list look like now??!

I am still going to be there with my Dart. I got the interior all cleaned up just need to wash her behind the ears and I am good to go.

Have fun, guys! My buddies and I aren't making the trek down this year.

I'll mark it out on Friday afternoon. The show parking people will lead you there.

What's the FABO Spring Fling Saturday Resverved Parking list look like now??!

I plan on being there. If you need some one to make up the needed 10 car field, I'll join you guys. If you don't need me I have been asked by the AV Mopar club to join their group also. Either way I'm looking forward to spending some time with you guys and checking out your rides. Mike

I'd like to know if any of you are going to Buttonwillow. I will be in Bakersfield that day and if I had an idea of the cars expected to be there, I'd shoot on over to check it out.
The event at Willow Springs was right in my back yard so to speak and I really enjoyed it. Buttonwillow is a little out of the way and from what I've seen of it not as spectator friendly as willow.

I'd like to know if any of you are going to Buttonwillow. I will be in Bakersfield that day and if I had an idea of the cars expected to be there, I'd shoot on over to check it out.
The event at Willow Springs was right in my back yard so to speak and I really enjoyed it. Buttonwillow is a little out of the way and from what I've seen of it not as spectator friendly as willow.

I'll be there!

Here pictures of the list of interesting cars.

http://alltimeracing.com/v2/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,28/catid,45/

Read all the info here. You can take a cruise on the course for free at noon!!

http://alltimeracing.com/v2/compone.../agid,23/year,2009/month,02/day,16/Itemid,38/

My dad and i will be there on Sunday, i was thinking of having some sort of paper or something on or under the hood that said FABO on it. look for the duster and stop by to say hello, we look forward to seeing u guys out there.

Bryce

100_0238.jpg

PICT1438.jpg

well its 4:15 in the morning here. im getting ready to drive over to my girlfriends parents to drop the dogs off for the weekend. then its off to seaside to meet up with everyone for the coastal cruise down to spring fling. see you all there!

well its 4:15 in the morning here. im getting ready to drive over to my girlfriends parents to drop the dogs off for the weekend. then its off to seaside to meet up with everyone for the coastal cruise down to spring fling. see you all there!

Boy, this is a little early!!

haha, im in antioch, ca. its a 40 minute drive to the girls parents and then about 2 hours to seaside where we are meeting up with everyone. im also trying to beat all the traffic up here. :-D

haha, im in antioch, ca. its a 40 minute drive to the girls parents and then about 2 hours to seaside where we are meeting up with everyone. im also trying to beat all the traffic up here. :-D
dont forget to bring the pics, for those of us who wont be there...
:angry7:

-
Back