Spring Fling 35 Apr 15 & 16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Spring Fling 35 dates: April 15 & 16, 2023

Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Info:
www.cpwclub.com

Shop for parts, works in progress welcome, bring out your Mopar: garage queen, daily driver, show car.

Special 35th Anniversary show display: Wing / Aero Cars. Largest gathering of Superbird, Daytona, and Charger 500's in West Coast. Over 23 car committed so far (January)

500+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, Fri: Mopar Malibu Cruise, Sat: Mopar Cruise-In, Thurs: Track day at Willow Springs

Show Flyer attached to this Email. Online registration posted shortly

Host Hotel: Airtel Plaza - 1-800-2-AIRTEL $139/night, $8/night car parking, $20/night trailer parking. Trailer space is limited. Please take advantage of Early at the Show Trailer parking for $30/(both Fri & Sat) Discount Code: “Spring Fling Car Show" Hotel Link: https://be.synxis.com/?chain=5173&hotel=59860&group=C041423&arrive=2023-04-13

Show car trailer parking Friday and Saturday, $30 both nights. Overnight security provided. Leave your trailer and car at the park. Then re-enter with your tow vehicle the next morning with your show placard. Feel free to contact us with any questions: info@cpwclub.com

Schedule of Events:

Thursday:
  • Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs Raceway. Mopars old and new on the track. Contact alltimeracing.com for on-track racing registration and pricing. $10 spectator fee
Friday:
  • Spring Fling Malibu Cruise -9am leaving from Woodley Park. Ending in Malibu lunch at Dukes Restaurant on beach.
  • 2pm Midway setup
  • 2pm Early swap setup
  • All makes famous Bobs Big Boy Burbank Cruise In 3pm-10pm
SATURDAY:
  • 7am Spring Fling show and swap
  • Show Field: No judging, open parking
  • Manufacturers Midway
  • Special Wing Car display
  • Food vendors for breakfast and lunch
  • 4pm Spring Fling all Mopar Cruise In
SUNDAY:
  • 7am Spring Fling show and swap
  • Show Field: Judging provided (not mandatory), class parking
  • Manufacturers Midway
  • Special Wing Car display
  • Food vendors for breakfast and lunch
  • 2pm Trophy Presentation

SF23 DC Ad Media Annoucement V1.jpg

Wing Cars Clip 3 x 5 Banner V1.jpg

IMG_6674.JPG

see you mobsters there. i'll be at the swap sat, so might hit the show sunday. hoping to make the malibu cruise on friday

see you mobsters there. i'll be at the swap sat, so might hit the show sunday. hoping to make the malibu cruise on friday

Junk Yard Hero .... in action at last Fall Fling

with Nat Nuttall

The squad car in front of them is the one Elena Scheer @challengeher from Car and Driver has posted about on social media and YouTube

IMG_1641.JPG

Last edited:
Online registration is active now:
Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling

Host Hotel: Airtel Plaza - 1-800-2-AIRTEL $139/night, $8/night car parking, $20/night trailer, Code: “Spring Fling Car Show" https://be.synxis.com/?chain=5173&hotel=59860&group=C041423&arrive=2023-04-13

Show car trailer parking Friday and Saturday, $30 both nights. Overnight security provided. Leave your trailer and car at the park. Then re-enter with your tow vehicle the next morning with your show placard. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Here's a link to the Spring Fling Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.cpwclub.com/documents/SF23FAQs.pdf

I’ll probably be there, considered leaving the dart at home and bringing the beater duster but we’ll see.

A2E2D6A9-9AAB-45D2-B119-7A3B3901919F.jpeg

Is the Barracuda yours too?

If not, please invite them also!

i was booking this morning and as of march 7th @7am Airtel website said it had 12 rooms left at (i assume) the show discount.

i was booking this morning and as of march 7th @7am Airtel website said it had 12 rooms left at (i assume) the show discount.

Thanks Chris,

I've left a message for them to call back so we can add more rooms to our discount block at the Airtel.

Just checked. This is what it shows at rooms left on our discount block as of 3/7/23 5:15pm PST:

1678238142787.png

I just checked with the host hotel The Airtel Plaza. We will be hitting our 2019 numbers and the hotel will be filled that weekend. Most likely soon.

There are 14 and 15 room left for Friday and Saturday respectively.

The Airtel will be filled up soon. So make reservations now.

Last edited:
how is the swap meet looking for pre registrations?

Very good as usual swap pre reg.

Many large swappers with 60 to 80 wide spots too. Second time for a large one from Utah with good stuff (perf hoods, air grabbers, air cleaners, intakes) and sheet metal.

Last Spring Fling swap was packed.

Last edited:
New member, first post. I'll be trailering my (late) Dad's '71 Demon 340 (orange with a 6 pack from a T/A) down for Sat/Sun. I've been to the show many times over the last ~20+ years with my dad, and this will be the first time entering a car.

New member, first post. I'll be trailering my (late) Dad's '71 Demon 340 (orange with a 6 pack from a T/A) down for Sat/Sun. I've been to the show many times over the last ~20+ years with my dad, and this will be the first time entering a car.

That's really special.

Please share that on the show placard or on a piece of paper. It will really touch a lot of people reflecting back and thinking forward with their own kids...

I'm going to share it with other club members that help put on the show too.

Welcome. That’s an awesome story. Glad you are keeping on with it.

Thanks guys. It really has been an emotional roller coaster getting to this point. My dad bought the car for my mom as her first car in 1975, he already had a '72 Demon 340 at that point (which later got totaled, while parked, by a drunk driver in front of his parents house.) Myself and my 2 older siblings all came home from the hospital in this car after we were born. At some point the '70 Road Runner 440/4spd came along and the Demon moved to a storage yard. The daily driver became a K-car ("a door is ajar" if anybody remembers the alert system that spoke to you for everything?!) and the guzzler/rusty Road Runner was sold (I still remember the day it drove away for $1000!!!)

The Demon sat for too long and rotted out (as they all do) and after my mom passed (at 37) my dad decided it was time to start picking away at it... instead of jumping straight in, he and my brother restored my brother's '71 Swinger for "practice" using the Demon for reference. Once that was complete, we started in on the Demon using the Swinger for reference.

It was always a "when I feel like it, I'm in no rush" kind of project which took right at 20 years (with a few fires lit under his butt along the way, his neighbor and myself jumped in anytime he'd let us) to get back on the road. I think one of the biggest motivators to finish the Demon was when my brother passed at just 35 in 2017. I can't count how many times I heard my dad say "I gotta get it ready for Spring Fling" Unfortunately his health started deteriorating over the last few years so he only put 111 miles on it before he passed just over a year ago at 64... but damnit, he finished it! Most of his friends and family never knew he got the car done until they saw me drive it to his funeral.

It's not perfect, but he was trying to keep things accurate, he even took pencil rubbings of some of the decals so they could go back on just as crooked as they were from the factory. The 6 pack had been pulled from a T/A Challenger at his high school job (a Chevron service station, back when they'd do real service like engine rebuilding!) in favor of a 4bbl, so he got a good deal on the takeoff parts. His parents (my grandparents) wouldn't let him buy the T/A he wanted because it was (according to my grandparents) a "race car."... but he had a plan to build his own 340 6 pack, so originality be damned, the 6 pack stays on this car! I'm still picking away at the details, but my dad will be proud to see his baby finally make it to the show... even though he'd have given me a hard time that "this ain't no trailer queen!"

I look forward to hearing others' stories at the show!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It really has been an emotional roller coaster getting to this point. My dad bought the car for my mom as her first car in 1975, he already had a '72 Demon 340 at that point (which later got totaled, while parked, by a drunk driver in front of his parents house.) Myself and my 2 older siblings all came home from the hospital in this car after we were born. At some point the '70 Road Runner 440/4spd came along and the Demon moved to a storage yard. The daily driver became a K-car ("a door is ajar" if anybody remembers the alert system that spoke to you for everything?!) and the guzzler/rusty Road Runner was sold (I still remember the day it drove away for $1000!!!)

The Demon sat for too long and rotted out (as they all do) and after my mom passed (at 38) my dad decided it was time to start picking away at it... instead of jumping straight in, he and my brother restored my brother's '71 Swinger for "practice" using the Demon for reference. Once that was complete, we started in on the Demon using the Swinger for reference.

It was always a "when I feel like it, I'm in no rush" kind of project which took right at 20 years (with a few fires lit under his butt along the way, his neighbor and myself jumped in anytime he'd let us) to get back on the road. I think one of the biggest motivators to finish the Demon was when my brother passed at just 35 in 2017. I can't count how many times I heard my dad say "I gotta get it ready for Spring Fling" Unfortunately his health started deteriorating over the last few years so he only put 111 miles on it before he passed just over a year ago at 64... but damnit, he finished it! Most of his friends and family never knew he got the car done until they saw me drive it to his funeral.

It's not perfect, but he was trying to keep things accurate, he even took pencil rubbings of some of the decals so they could go back on just as crooked as they were from the factory. The 6 pack had been pulled from a T/A Challenger at his high school job (a Chevron service station, back when they'd do real service like engine rebuilding!) in favor of a 4bbl, so he got a good deal on the takeoff parts. His parents (my grandparents) wouldn't let him buy the T/A he wanted because it was (according to my grandparents) a "race car."... but he had a plan to build his own 340 6 pack, so originality be damned, the 6 pack stays on this car! I'm still picking away at the details, but my dad will be proud to see his baby finally make it to the show... even though he'd have given me a hard time that "this ain't no trailer queen!"

I look forward to hearing others' stories at the show!

That just chokes me up... big time.

This is why I put 100's of hours a year of my time into these shows.

That is very cool to read. I look forward to seeing you and the car.

-
Back