Spring Fling Speed Festival XI, Thursday, April 6th, 2017

-

Alltime

Reaction score
This little known secret Mopar event has been going off and on for a decade in it’s newest form. The SFSF has been the training ground for well developed Mopars.

World’s Biggest Mopar Open-Track Day Hits Willow Springs! As seen on Hot Rod Network….last years event, check it out !!!

In car footage from 2016 SFSF

This is a High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) for street/OEM cars. Some race prepared cars will attend as well. Run groups will be divided according to experience. Don’t be shy, this is not a race. It’s for the driving enthusiast. If you are a Newbie rest assured that we will work with you to build skills that will help keep you safe and get the most from your experience. All cars are welcome!

This little known secret Mopar event has been going off and on for a decade in it’s newest form. The SFSF has been the training ground for well developed Mopars.

World’s Biggest Mopar Open-Track Day Hits Willow Springs! As seen on Hot Rod Network….last years event, check it out !!!

In car footage from 2016 SFSF

This is a High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) for street/OEM cars. Some race prepared cars will attend as well. Run groups will be divided according to experience. Don’t be shy, this is not a race. It’s for the driving enthusiast. If you are a Newbie rest assured that we will work with you to build skills that will help keep you safe and get the most from your experience. All cars are welcome!

Nice video Tim. Looks like a great time as usual. Was Chris Heiny down there this year?

Sorry I didn't make it to Fall Fling, Tim, but Spring Fling should be a go.

What's your policy on Brand X cars? I don't own the Red Brick anymore, but might be heading to Spring Fling next year to look for my next Mopar and I have another car (non-Mopar) that I would like to get on the track.

What's your policy on Brand X cars? I don't own the Red Brick anymore, but might be heading to Spring Fling next year to look for my next Mopar and I have another car (non-Mopar) that I would like to get on the track.

Close enough. Come on down and run watch ya brung!!!!

Last year they had 3 run groups. Mopars, Brand-X, and the Hyundai Veloster/Imports group.

It looks like you can run your car even if it is not race prepped? Is that true? If so I would love to run my 72 on the track.

Paul,

You are correct sir! Most cars are not track prepped which makes it a lot of fun, and anyone can do it! Just bring a helmet. Your Charger will fit right in.

Steve is right. Run Wathu Brung! Its a relaxed event in that regard. Great group of guys. No egos!

So How was your Dart? Did you get to auto cross it for the first time?

I did. Still getting used to the handling, excess of power, and the grip. The exhaust drones like a mother at 1500-2000 rpm so driving there and back was no fun. Swapping out mufflers tomorrow for some larger ones. The car kept on cutting out on me during a particular tight turn causing me to DNF 2 of my 4 rounds. My guess is the carb is flooding so I'm going to try my hand at tuning and adjusting the floats a little.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Why not ? What are you bringing?
I have to relocate my shop, after 21 years it will take all I have to get this done. But I will be back. Still will try and make track day I really wanted to go this year.

BBQ and beer Wednesday 2pm. Meet and unload the cars. Round table with other drivers, and BS session headed up by Chrysler Chassis and Race Engineer Bill Surber, liaison to Richard Petty Enterprises from 1968-1976...and on , and on.

Car List:
1958 Plymouth Hardtop
'15 Hellcat
'17 Viper
'64 Nova
'73 Cuda
'70 Challenger
ZR1 Vette
'15 Challenger
'69 Daytona
'70 Cuda
'69 AMX
911 Turbo S
'73 Charger
911 S
'67 Coronet
'12 Challenger
'15 Mustang Gt
'16 Z06
Ferrari Modena
'68 Dart GT modified by MuuMuu
'95 Mustang
Daytona Coupe
'69 Camaro
Hertz rent-a-racer
'70 TA Challenger
'70 Chevelle
Comp Coupe Viper

Last edited:
BBQ and beer Wednesday 2pm. Meet and unload the cars. Round table with other drivers, and BS session headed up by Chrysler Chassis and Race Engineer Bill Surber, liaison to Richard Petty Enterprises from 1968-1976...and on , and on.

Car List:
1958 Plymouth Hardtop
'15 Hellcat
'17 Viper
'64 Nova
'73 Cuda
'70 Challenger
ZR1 Vette
'15 Challenger
'69 Daytona
'70 Cuda
'69 AMX
911 Turbo S
'73 Charger
911 S
'67 Coronet
'12 Challenger
'15 Mustang Gt
'16 Z06
Ferrari Modena
'68 Dart GT ready to rock
'95 Mustang
Daytona Coupe
'69 Camaro
Hertz rent-a-racer
'70 TA Challenger
'70 Chevelle
Comp Coupe Viper
GT3
Comp Coupe Viper
Hellcat
Audi TT
Audi TT quattro

Last edited:
tshirtFSFS-XI.jpg

Colors in Orange, Green and Blue. The artwork features Space age design juxtaposed to Jet age design in the form of the 1958 Plymouth Fury and the 1969 Dodge Daytona. Very limited, Only 50 available, sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL. $30 at the track while supplies last

-
Back