Spring sliders.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Getting ready to move my 02-03 springs.

Got a set of spring sliders on the way and want to know how to set them up.

I'm guessing weight the springs and center the bolt in the slider?

On a separate note, I may relocate the axle to maximise the wheel opening. How far back can I pull the slip yoke before I need to customize the drive shaft?

I believe you mount them 3/4 of the way back as the spring slides forward when you launch. Just what i read though so hopefully someone else will chime in.

3/4 back is a good place to start. I made a mounting plate for mine with multiple holes. that way if I was off or needed more I had it.

Slider_Tech.gif

"Sliders should be mounted so that the rear spring eye is located 1/2" rearward of the center of the slot"

Per the instructions, they're a little hard to read but that's actually the largest version I've found.

Got a set of spring sliders on the way and want to know how to set them up.

I'm guessing weight the springs and center the bolt in the slider?

On a separate note, I may relocate the axle to maximise the wheel opening. How far back can I pull the slip yoke before I need to customize the drive shaft?

You are correct. Bolt up the sliders, set the car down, center the bolts and tack the sliders.

I moved my axle back 1.5" but had a new shaft made. Unsure what you can get away with and I'm sure it varies car to car. I'd rather have my axle where I want it and buy a new shaft. They aren't too expensive anyhow.

Now that I think about it the shaft is gonna get re worked anyways. Its gotta get changed to larger U joints.

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to run some real tire under my girl and have a decent rear ratio!

I'd imagine it depends on the use of the car. On a leaf sprung drag car, wouldn't you want to allow for more lift of the rear suspension than squat? I've seen a few videos of slider in action on a drag car. The rear spring eye moves forward a lot on launch. Make sure it's got enough room up front for that launch.

The car is a leaf spring drag car.

29x10.50 drag radial.
Or as large a tire I can find while still staying "small tire"

The car is a leaf spring drag car.

29x10.50 drag radial.
Or as large a tire I can find while still staying "small tire"

Usually 10.50 and under is small tire. I've never seen it otherwise. Keep in mind that means written size is 10.50... like a 10.50 slick that is way over 10.50 wide

-
Back