Sprung a leak

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I have a hard time on my knees.I dug up a water leak by my home.Im going to call a plummer.I had a thought time digging this up and I had to have help up.I have nurophty and other problems.Thays why I'm slow on my additions on my car.Im hurting.Lucky my neighbor saw me trying to get up and helped!
20190319_174550.jpg
20190319_174547.jpg

I gotta go get a 8 inch box for the shut off then I can fill the hole with dirt.Lines arnt very deep here like they are up north!

I gotta go get a 8 inch box for the shut off
20190320_171004.jpg
then I can fill the hole with dirt.Lines arnt very deep here like they are up north!

I feel your pain. Literally. I got some of that stuff goin on too. Whenever I check in stock at work I always pull the stuff that goes on the bottom shelf. Without fail.

I have a hard time on my knees.I dug up a water leak by my home.Im going to call a plummer.I had a thought time digging this up and I had to have help up.I have nurophty and other problems.Thays why I'm slow on my additions on my car.Im hurting.Lucky my neighbor saw me trying to get up and helped!View attachment 1715305910 View attachment 1715305911

Who put that rig in there !??

oh that was an easy one
we had the main line break last fall and it cost close to 4 grand to fix
the had to draw a new line from the street, i think it was about 400 feet
then wouldnt you know it, the city had poured a sidewalk over the connection on the main, so guess who got to pay to cut the side walk open, and then to have a new section poured?

Lucky for you the lines arent deep, less digging and no frost! What's with the valve leading into foundation? You supplying different parts of property?
Maybe throw gravel in bottom for drainage?

I gotta go get a 8 inch box for the shut off then I can fill the hole with dirt.Lines aren't very deep here like they are up north!

So the shutoff wasnt on your property? Here if you are on municipal, you are responsible from the curb stop in to your house, same goes for sewer line. From that point out falls on municipality.
No excuse for putting curbstop or connection under the sidewalk....that's where "cant fix stupid " seems appropriate.
oh that was an easy one
we had the main line break last fall and it cost close to 4 grand to fix
the had to draw a new line from the street, i think it was about 400 feet
then wouldnt you know it, the city had poured a sidewalk over the connection on the main, so guess who got to pay to cut the side walk open, and then to have a new section poured?

So the shutoff wasnt on your property? Here if you are on municipal, you are responsible from the curb stop in to your house, same goes for sewer line. From that point out falls on municipality.
No excuse for putting curbstop or connection under the sidewalk....that's where "cant fix stupid " seems appropriate.

yes, the shut off, AND the sidewalk are on my property
know what really is a kick in the gut?

this is a satellite image i borrowed from google
the northern and eastern edge of the pic follow pretty close to the property line
(though it extends to the south and west)

see the way the sidewalk does a little S on the north eastern corner?
if it had continued south as it did on the top....it would have cleared the shut off with room to spare

Untitled.jpg

Sidewalk on your property? Municipal sidewalk?
That setup reeks of stupidity...the amount of $$ involved I would be filing a claim/complaint. I've worked in that industry, under a sidewalk is a NO-NO. I've seen them in middle of paved/brick driveways too.
Nice looking spread!
yes, the shut off, AND the sidewalk are on my property
know what really is a kick in the gut?

this is a satellite image i borrowed from google
the northern and eastern edge of the pic follow pretty close to the property line
(though it extends to the south and west)

see the way the sidewalk does a little S on the north eastern corner?
if it had continued south as it did on the top....it would have cleared the shut off with room to spare

View attachment 1715306559

yup, municipal sidewalk
the edge eastern edge of my property is the centerline of the road
i did talk to the city about it and not only did they not want to pay to fix THEIR sidewalk

they also did not want to pay me to run THEIR street on my property

and whats even funnier?
ive had the police show up because MY kids were running their go carts and four wheelers on the side walk, which is on MY property

i'm sure this all got put in under "easements" whatever that means, before i bought the place

as for the shut off under the sidewalk
i dont know who came up with that, but it's pretty short sighted

typical case of "not my problem"

i'm sure this all got put in under "easements" whatever that means, before i bought the place
Yes, it is a 'utility easement'. Very common, almost universal, in developments. Covers water, sewer, electric, telco etc., work on the edges of your property. Had the whole front edge of our yard near Ft Wayne dug up for something.. perfectly legal. Might even go across a property in a few situations. It's all recorded in the deeds and plats.

Doesn't make the sidewalk over the shut-off any smarter LOL

-
Back