-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I know it seems odd. But I am in search of a clean 2005 SRT-4 Dodge neon. Good condition, no rust or excessive mods. Need it to be daily driver quality. I am located near Charlotte North Carolina. Willing to travel up to 4 hours one way, or more for the right car.

Thanks

FC54CEA2-3B58-4CC5-9A63-36E4AEFA467B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully you’re successful as a lot of them were driven quite hard and put away wet, especially 15 years later.

A friend of mine has a silver '04 for sale in the Philly area. Original adult owner, 61k miles, mostly stock. Really nice car. Happy to connect you to him if you're interested.

A friend of mine has a silver '04 for sale in the Philly area. Original adult owner, 61k miles, mostly stock. Really nice car. Happy to connect you to him if you're interested.
I found one that is 2.5 hours from me. Going to look at it Wednesday. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

May I ask why an 05? The 04 and 05 are the same mechanically, but the 04 is easier to mod the ECU, if I remember right. The 03 had the smaller injectors and no LSD.

May I ask why an 05? The 04 and 05 are the same mechanically, but the 04 is easier to mod the ECU, if I remember right. The 03 had the smaller injectors and no LSD.
To be honest, I’d just like the have the newest one possible. I wouldn’t turn down a clean 04. And yeah the 03 had the smaller injectors and no lsd, some earlier production 2004 cars also had no lsd. Also, the 03 is the only year the color yellow was offered (which I’m not a fan of, just personal preference).

To be honest, I’d just like the have the newest one possible. I wouldn’t turn down a clean 04. And yeah the 03 had the smaller injectors and no lsd, some earlier production 2004 cars also had no lsd. Also, the 03 is the only year the color yellow was offered (which I’m not a fan of, just personal preference).

Right! Another fun fact, Orange was only offered in 05.

I test drove a brand new one I guess it was a 05 because it was burnt orange. I think it was in 2004 tho because I was still at my old job I went to my current job in 05 I was to young maybe 19 or 20 I was gonna buy it but my insurance wouldn't approve me. Lol it was alot of fun I have always wanted one since just never pulled the trigger. Now they are hard to come buy that they aren't beat all to piss. Im not far from you I will keep my eyes open on the fb market place for you

I test drove a brand new one I guess it was a 05 because it was burnt orange. I think it was in 2004 tho because I was still at my old job I went to my current job in 05 I was to young maybe 19 or 20 I was gonna buy it but my insurance wouldn't approve me. Lol it was alot of fun I have always wanted one since just never pulled the trigger. Now they are hard to come buy that they aren't beat all to piss. Im not far from you I will keep my eyes open on the fb market place for you

I’m constantly looking on Craigslist, Autotrader, Facebook, srt forums, you name it. I’ve found some but their usually beat hard or modded to hell and asking ridiculous amounts of money

I’m constantly looking on Craigslist, Autotrader, Facebook, srt forums, you name it. I’ve found some but their usually beat hard or modded to hell and asking ridiculous amounts of money
Just curious do you know how the srt4 caliber compares performance wise? I always liked the caliber body style.

They're fun cars. I've had two over the years. I bought a silver '04 new, which is the one I wish I kept. Sold it as the family got bigger. I later bought a blue '04, which I liked, but it never had the same appeal to me as the first one. I regret selling that one to this day.

They definitely scoot. The silver car I raced twice. Bone stock, right down to the paper air filter but with slicks went 13.40 @ 100. Second time out, I went 13.41 @ 101 at a different track. It got close to 30 mpg if I went easy on it on the highway and handled reasonably well.

I don’t know much about the calibers, I’d assume they’re heavier. I think they’re still the 2.4L
Yea I think they are still turbo charged also. I like the roomieness of them and the hatchback is alot easier to get stuff in and out. I have drove trucks for the 15 years or more now I have a suv and I really like it I like the hatchback and I like the room and it sets and drives like a truck. I think my next vehicle is gonna be a ram charger I really want another square body dodge but kinda would like to stick with a suv for my daily since I have my truck for winter.

Yea I think they are still turbo charged also. I like the roomieness of them and the hatchback is alot easier to get stuff in and out. I have drove trucks for the 15 years or more now I have a suv and I really like it I like the hatchback and I like the room and it sets and drives like a truck. I think my next vehicle is gonna be a ram charger I really want another square body dodge but kinda would like to stick with a suv for my daily since I have my truck for winter.
They are still turbocharged. I dig Ram chargers, I’ve had a couple of first gen dodge rams. Really liked them. Regret selling my first one

B03418F4-AA17-4A02-8CD5-8B88B4072EBF.jpeg

They're fun cars. I've had two over the years. I bought a silver '04 new, which is the one I wish I kept. Sold it as the family got bigger. I later bought a blue '04, which I liked, but it never had the same appeal to me as the first one. I regret selling that one to this day.

They definitely scoot. The silver car I raced twice. Bone stock, right down to the paper air filter but with slicks went 13.40 @ 100. Second time out, I went 13.41 @ 101 at a different track. It got close to 30 mpg if I went easy on it on the highway and handled reasonably well.
I like straight line racing, but this car would be set up for turns. I visit US 129 (tail of the dragon/deals gap) at least once a year. Even in a slow car it’s fun to go around the turns. But I’d set it up to really hook and turn tight.

I don’t know much about the calibers, I’d assume they’re heavier. I think they’re still the 2.4L

Performance wise they don't compare, I think because they can't be modded as easily. I think they were higher hp stock, bit heavier. I love them look tho, very aggressive. The PT GT has the same motor, but tuned way different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back