Srt-68 Barracuda

-

5.7Dart

BarelyaCuda
Reaction score
Well, here I go again. This will prove to the world that I'm addicted to A-Bodies. My previous build, a '72 Dart, turned out pretty well. This should be even more of a hoot.

As with the Dart, I am starting out with a COMPLETELY rust-free car. No hits, no dings, no errors. This car is fabulous, and I'm glad I found it--been looking for a while. As with the Dart, I'm starting out with a donor--a total loss 2007 SRT8 Magnum. They shall become one. I can't wait to see this thing sitting next to the Dart. I will be doing the same color schemes and custom stuff inside and out. As with the Dart, this Barracuda is nothing special--318 car with the light group. That's about it. Plain-janer getting the work-over. Stand clear.

SRT68 001 (Small).jpg

SRT68 002 (Small).jpg

SRT68 004 (Small).jpg

SRT68 006 (Small).jpg

SRT68 008 (Small).jpg

I'm an idiot--can you please move this to the Members Restoration Forum? This may be funny stuff, but it ain't no joke. Thanks.

I can't see where that car needs anything other than love.
Oh and hood bumpers.

Real cool project, 5.7, keep us tuned in on your progress.

Well, I certainly loved your last project, so I can't wait to see this one!

She your car and I know you will do a fine custom job....But I'm with Redfish...she's purty already...

You gonna use stock k frame? what motor mounts and headers are you going with? What about PCM and EFI? Please I want details.. lol... Also what part of VA are you from?

Wow man, that is a nice stocker to see cut up, but it's your car, you can put a reversed superbird wing on the nose, and put a corvair motor in the trunk for all it matters to anybody else.

I'm in Northern Virginia. I'll be using an Alterktion front end. Power steering is a must in this build. I know it's expensive as hell and I hate that, but what can you do? Bite the bullet.

Motor mounts, EFI, fuel pump, fuse and relay center will all be stock from the donor. No aftermarket money needs to be spent on these expensive items. Just use what Chrysler gave ya. The harness is a little busier than zillion dollar aftermarket set-ups, but not a big problem. Plus, you can use the distribution/relay center to jump off of for other things. This takes the load off the factory '68 wiring. Inside wiring harness remains unchanged. Car doesn't know what hit it.

I'm in Newport News I'd love to come check ur shop out and get some hints for my 68 dart stroked hemi project.

Wow man, that is a nice stocker to see cut up, but it's your car, you can put a reversed superbird wing on the nose, and put a corvair motor in the trunk for all it matters to anybody else.

What kind of comment is that? No one said anything about cutting the car up. I know every square inch of his first project, trust me it's not cut. The driveline could be put back to stock over the course of a long weekend, if wanted.

I helped David look high & low to find the right car. Any real Formuls S cars, 340s, big blocks were strictly not on the list. This is a very basic plain 318 car. The #s matching driveline is already gone. Somewhere down the line, a previous owner did the exterior Formula S clone modifications. It has no particular historical significance other than being 41 years old. Now it's going to move on to the next stage of it's life.

Let me ask you a question. When you were building your Barracuda, did you set out to find the most worn out, rusted piece of crap that you could? I doubt it. I'm sure that you wanted as nice of a vehicle as possible. So where is the difference?

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

ps: I like your modified Barracuda, looks likes like you did a nice job.

Started building the subwoofer setup, as well as the four channel that will drive the 6x9's. A couple thousand watts is a must, sometimes.... Also started mocking up the console that will run the length of the interior (much like the Dart). I will be incorporating the fish emblem on the package tray. As with the Dart, this console will be 1 piece aluminum start to finish. The console also houses all the wiring to the front, as well as the fan and plumbing for the rear heat and AC. It's a start.

subwoofer progress 001 (Small).jpg

subwoofer progress 002 (Small).jpg

subwoofer progress 003 (Small).jpg

initial console design 001 (Small).jpg

initial console design 002 (Small).jpg

initial console design 003 (Small).jpg

initial console design 004 (Small).jpg

Who did the big fish? Are they available for sale?

And does anyone have any hood and trunk fish like this big one that are worthy of a high end build......no pits please...I have enough already.

I call them scales. Also I have to agree why mess up a nice stocker....there are plenty of nice 6rs that are rust free in Ca.

Never mind I missed the 318 part./..it looked like a FS.

Looks cool and nice sound system.....spend away!!!!!!!

2-ton test line. Successfully landed.

(no gills or grills were hurt during catch)

Congrat's on the new catch, :cheers:
Looks like a REAL nice Barracuda =P~

Keep us up dated in you creativity bud 8)

Let go fishing :-D

Oh man I love that car!!!!!

Not as nice as a 68 Dart but very VERY close!!!, such a gorgeous car, theres a clean one up my street, the people who own it don't really know much about it from what I've heard but I may be wrong. I was told they wanted a clean classic so they picked up the 68 Cuda notch I also heard it's a /6.

Keep us updated man I really like the restomod plan all in all restomods are my favorite you get the restoration with all the upgrades that make you happy instead of the boring limitation of fully stock original black or blue plate cars.

Awesome ride and enjoy!!!

Shawn.

I took a pic of the emblem on the hood, and had it enlarged. I will use that as a stencil to carve it into the aluminum console.

-
Back