SRT Neon

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
My oldest picked up this 2004 SRT Neon about 18 months ago. Claims it's for his wife. After he got rear ended and we replaced the rear bumper, deck lid and tail light, jacked the bottom of the trunk opening back out 2.5 inches... it looked like the stock little SRT that it was meant to be. Then he broke a deer's neck with the left front corner, both left doors and qtr panel. So they decided to get a fiberglass widebody kit. He dropped it off like this on Friday. Labor day weeknd, we're going to fit the rest of the body kit to both sides. It's a fun little car, when it's not in pieces. I'm not sure I like the body kit, but it's what they want. It's their car.
20180819_134624.jpg

We owned a neon but not a performance model. Wife racked it up running a stop sign taking an unfamiliar road. I will say this for that car, it's drivetrain and engine were solid, probably could have driven it until the doors fell off. Lots of trim/finish issues, keylocks etc. but a runner.

My Neon finally shattered a piston after 300,000 with only three or four oil changes.

Very well built, and the last of the true Mopars.

And seriously considering a duster parts car...

My Neon finally shattered a piston after 300,000 with only three or four oil changes.

Very well built, and the last of the true Mopars.

Nice, I'll say I bought the first of the not true Mopars, a Jeep Trailhawk, first collaboration with Fiat. Sooooo many problems, dealership took it from me on first oil change for the first of many recalls. Finally had to sell it because it kept running itself out of oil, way before the oil change due and overheating.

Nice, I'll say I bought the first of the not true Mopars, a Jeep Trailhawk, first collaboration with Fiat. Sooooo many problems, dealership took it from me on first oil change for the first of many recalls. Finally had to sell it because it kept running itself out of oil, way before the oil change due and overheating.

A buddy bought a diesel liberty and it's been pretty good but not as good as I felt it should have been. I looked at a Renegade and almost threw up. So cheap.

I rented a Focus ST last year and was impressed. I can only imagine how much nicer the SRT-4 was

I actually really like that body kit...which surprises me as usually, the stock exterior looks best to my tastes. Keep us posted.

Not to "well actually" this conversation but I'm pretty sure that this was never called a Neon. I'm almost positive that it was just Dodge SRT4.

In January 2006, I made an offer on a leftover 2005 SRT4 ACR at the local Dodge dealer...they wouldn't budge on the price so I ended up buying a super low miles 2000 Miata, adding a turbo, coilover suspension, rollbar, etc. and had a great time for about the same money... until I ran against a guy who bought the very same SRT4 ACR that I nearly bought and he pulled a car length on me to 60. :D Oh well.

Theu are fin cars, as some got so defensive if you called it a neon which was funny since it's the same for the most part. I miss my 04 SRT brilliant silver, was such a fun car. That is one of the more tasteful body kits I've seen on them. I love to surprise V8 people with it, the look on their face when I would pull and pass them racing. Lol

-
Back