SRT Ram style fiberglass hood for dusters

-

duster44d

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes an SRT Ram Style hood for a 72 duster..I called USbody fiberglass http://www.usbody.com because they have a picture of the hood and it seems like its forsale but, they dont have it but is advertised as having it:mumum:.. But they do have it for a 72 demon.
Anyone know someone who makes that fiberglass hood for a 72 duster that is not posted as an item you can buy but they dont make it. I found this hood pic on
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=142405&highlight=fiberglass+hood [that is what it looks like.]

Attachments

• DSC06709.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,040
Someone with more knowledge will probably chime in but won't a hood from a 70-72 dart fit a duster?

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,046
No not even close, Maybe AAR could make it?

When I was on the hunt for my hood, I was a day late and a dollar short, actually just a day late, on the hood from US body. They never actually built them, but advertised them, I think to check interest. Of course, interest never turned up. I then spoke with AAR and other companies about building one but none had interest. Not surprising, they didn't expect there would be interest from the Mopar community. I had two other options, (1) buy a steel RAM SRT hood and graft the scoop onto a steel dart hood, or (2) take the skin from a Viper hood and graft it onto a 'glass dart hood. I guess the same could be done with 'glass RAM SRT hood to a 'glass dart hood. Okay, three options.

I took option 2 (it matches the theme)...

file-181.jpg

HOWEVER, BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do this. I had the cost of the Dart hood, the cost of the Viper hood ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) plus labor ($$$). Not for the faint of wallet. I don't know if the Viper skin would work on the Duster hood, but the RAM SRT would, and you can get those hoods all day pretty inexpensively. My recommendation, get a 'glass RAM SRT hood, a 'glass Duster hood, and make nice with a good 'glass guy. This route, you'll come in quite a bit less $$$ than I did with mine. Some of the RAM SRT hoods have vents to if you're into that kind of thing...

And, the more I learn about doing 'glass work, the more I realize I could have done it myself, gotten good results, and saved a boat load of cash.

They never actually built them, but advertised them, I think to check interest. Of course, interest never turned up. I then spoke with AAR and other companies about building one but none had interest. Not surprising, they didn't expect there would be interest from the Mopar community.
to be honest, I agree with the part about 'lack of interest'. While I think the viper style hood they make for my Stealth looks good, I don't think anything about it would work on a Duster.

When I was on the hunt for my hood, I was a day late and a dollar short, actually just a day late, on the hood from US body. They never actually built them, but advertised them, I think to check interest. Of course, interest never turned up. I then spoke with AAR and other companies about building one but none had interest. Not surprising, they didn't expect there would be interest from the Mopar community. I had two other options, (1) buy a steel RAM SRT hood and graft the scoop onto a steel dart hood, or (2) take the skin from a Viper hood and graft it onto a 'glass dart hood. I guess the same could be done with 'glass RAM SRT hood to a 'glass dart hood. Okay, three options.

I took option 2 (it matches the theme)...

Your hood looks like it cost,just looking at it says money..

Your hood looks like it cost,just looking at it says money..

It definitely did, but it was worth it for my build. I was hoping to get a mold pulled from it "just in case", but the expense isn't going to justify it for me and no other company is interested in doing it for me... I'm not done looking around though.

-
Back