ss springs shocks

-

terry

Reaction score
i have a 68 cuda ss springs.it appears when i launch ( 2000 rpm)the car the wheels brake loose very easily.i know the body is suppose to rise but i think my kyb shocks are to short for total extension.anybody know what the total extension should be for the rear shocks? any ideas other then race shocks?
terry

Terry,

As the car would sit in the staging lanes with driver, gas, etc. you should be able to take the bottom bolt off the shock and the shock needs to be able to extend 3 1/2 more inches than that - at a minimum.

As far as shocks go, Mopar Performance (P4529516) sells them or you could use an adjustable Rancho (RS99116).

We do have a good used pair of mopar shocks in stock if you're interested.

Hope this info. helps. :thumbup:

Bob

I'm using kyb gas shocks on my 68 cuda with no problem but also b body shocks are about 2.5 to 3 inches longer than a body shox (for future reference)
are you using a pinion snubber ? I'm set up with 3000# super stock springs with the KYB with coil over springs and an adjustable pinion snubber and I launch at 5-6000 rpm straight and true and Hard. Running 8 psi in my tires and usually can carry the front off the line

thanks again bob and yes your input helps greatly.i know the mopar shocks are suppose to extend about 24 inches.i just don't want the rear of the car to sit alot higher then what it already does.
terry

yes i am using a snubber and have 3400 lb springs.the reason i am thinking the shocks are the problem is i don't leave any rubber marks on the street when i launch.the tires do smoke.
thanks
terry

Terry, just sent you a PM..............

We run a 4-Speed too, my wife (Cici) runs the car :thumbup:

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to talk to you.

Bob

These are the Mopar extra-long shocks, with Mancini Pro-Stock springs:

100_1189.sized.jpg

-
Back