SS springs & sliders...

-
Do you increase the rear gap to accommodate the extra springs ? I too was surprised how little it moved I know with the SS springs my car plants hard when the tires are warm enough to hook and the snubber thumps the floor pan .

I like the ease of use of those trailer brackets I'm just a little leary of the strength , what kind of load are they actually designed for ?

A reply to my own message to any who want to see..
So I have installed one side and here are 2 photos and the brackets came from e trailers.

View attachment 1715169978

View attachment 1715169979

Nice work! Those brackets are perfect! Guess I know what to do if I put sliders on anything else! Way easier to order those than spend the time fabricating what I did. Drill a couple holes and you're off to the races. :D

I'm surprised you were able to locate them that far forward, mine have to be a good half inch further back, maybe more. But it looks like you've got a lot more spring arch than I do, so I suppose that makes sense.

I like the ease of use of those trailer brackets I'm just a little leary of the strength , what kind of load are they actually designed for ?

Looks to me like those brackets are at least 1/8" steel. Which makes them a heck of a lot stronger than the original shackle mounting brackets. Mine are only made out of 1/8", and the stock shackle mounts are made out of 16 gauge if I'm not mistaken.

I just have to find a single perch for my spare rear end housing , then I can split it into 2 halves and have them welded on beside the current perches making them wide enough to relocate the hole . I also need to order the front relocating hangers because I really need to get some more room between the spring and the tire , I'm down around 3/4 - 1 inch using a crappy spacer that I want to be rid of , or maybe keep and add a little more rubber lol !

I found 2 pieces of scrap aluminum 1×3×4 and used them as spacers to.move my springs back. And a 3x3x3x1/4" angle iron to support the front of the slider.

funny I stumbled back on this thread , I actually found a 12 x12 chunk of 1/4 inch steel at work today and tossed it on my trunk thinking "theres my slider brackets",now that I see am more confident the store bought brackets are going to work I guess I'll save it for the next little doohickey lol !

Nice work! Those brackets are perfect! Guess I know what to do if I put sliders on anything else! Way easier to order those than spend the time fabricating what I did. Drill a couple holes and you're off to the races. :D

I'm surprised you were able to locate them that far forward, mine have to be a good half inch further back, maybe more. But it looks like you've got a lot more spring arch than I do, so I suppose that makes sense.

Looks to me like those brackets are at least 1/8" steel. Which makes them a heck of a lot stronger than the original shackle mounting brackets. Mine are only made out of 1/8", and the stock shackle mounts are made out of 16 gauge if I'm not mistaken.
Those brackets are great and thick ,strong..The bracket has a center slot so I used that for my bolt up front and since the sliders have four holes in the back it allowed me to go forward or back.Those brackets are nice and made everything easy for me at least.
Thanks to 72bluNblu photos..

I just have to find a single perch for my spare rear end housing , then I can split it into 2 halves and have them welded on beside the current perches making them wide enough to relocate the hole . I also need to order the front relocating hangers because I really need to get some more room between the spring and the tire , I'm down around 3/4 - 1 inch using a crappy spacer that I want to be rid of , or maybe keep and add a little more rubber lol !
order from jegs , were about 16 bucks for a pair. I did the cut in half thing about 7-8 yrs ago, works well, no worrying about getting the angles off.

sweet thanks I have a spare housing I am going to build to replace the **** eyed one I have been running and thats when the slides will go in as well .

-
Back