SSBC disc brake kit on 69 Dart GTS and BALL joint part numbers

-

chasb

Reaction score
Need new ball joints on my 69 Dart GTS BIG block originally 383 now 440 so it has the factory K frame.

I put an SSBC disc brake kit on in 2007. They used the stock spindles. Unfortunately they are out of business so I can't ask anyone there which replacement ball joints I should get.

Can anyone tell me the part numbers/manufacturer or other helpful info?

Thanks

That should be pretty easy for you to figure out.
Measure the diameter of the mounting bolts that fasten the ball joint to the spindle.
If they are 1/2 inch diameter they are Drum brake ball joints, so order up accordingly.
If they are 9/16 diameter they are Disc brake ball joints, then also order accordingly.
If converted to large bolt pattern brakes, spindles, then those bolts used are 5/8 inch diameter, then you purchase 73-76 a body lower ball joints.
Easy peasy, go measure.

That should be pretty easy for you to figure out.
Measure the diameter of the mounting bolts that fasten the ball joint to the spindle.
If they are 1/2 inch diameter they are Drum brake ball joints, so order up accordingly.
If they are 9/16 diameter they are Disc brake ball joints, then also order accordingly.
If converted to large bolt pattern brakes, spindles, then those bolts used are 5/8 inch diameter, then you purchase 73-76 a body lower ball joints.
Easy peasy, go measure.

Thanks Will give that a try.
Chas

-
Back