Stabilizer bar

-

65rbdodge

Reaction score
I want to add a FRONT stabilizer bar to my 71 dart. It has a 73+ k frame, that’s been modified for a big block. Has 73+ disc brakes and upper control arms. I’m thinking I need the 73+ stabilizer bar but just want to confirm.

The earlier bar goes all the way around the K member so it will work with either type K member but its end links are out near the lower ball joint. It does interfere with the later model disc calipers if they are mounted to the front.
73 bar threads through the middle of the K. Its forward mounts are more tucked away. Its end links are shorter and attach more toward the middle of the lower arm.
If I had the later K I would want the later bar design.

Last edited:
I’ve taken a big block k-frame and replaced the bottom of it with the later model bottom in order to run the 73 & up calipers in their correct location.

There's a great video of someone taking the front sway bar out of a chevy truck and modifying it to fit an A-body... Big arse bar too. 1-1/8 or maybe bigger.

I want to add a FRONT stabilizer bar to my 71 dart. It has a 73+ k frame, that’s been modified for a big block. Has 73+ disc brakes and upper control arms. I’m thinking I need the 73+ stabilizer bar but just want to confirm.
Call the folk's at Hellwig they will hook you up.

-
Back