Staff Members (Moderators)

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
What is with this toolmanmike guy? Does he think he is some kind of a GOD on this forum? I do not see anything wrong with the Darrell Snyder (For Trade) 67 Notchback thread and if there is something wrong with it please let me know. Yet toolmanmike has to jump in and put his 2 cents worth in and tell him to correct something that to me looks just fine. I had a for sale thread back a while ago and he jumped in there and changed it on me and ended up spelling the word Porsche wrong which really pissed me off, if you do not know how to spell then stay out. I have seen other threads where he has to jump in with his little piddley things. I think Joeychgo needs to step in and have a little talk with his Staff Members or in toolmanmike's case his Pro Mod(erator) Staff Member or I know of at least one GOLD member who won't go back to GOLD on this forum. I do not normally let things like this bother me but he is very quick to the draw to correct someone on this site, now Joeychgo needs to have a talk with him. I enjoy being on this site, but I do not need another Mother telling me what I can or can't do. If I am out of line here please let me know
Bob

What is with this toolmanmike guy? Does he think he is some kind of a GOD on this forum? I do not see anything wrong with the Darrell Snyder (For Trade) 67 Notchback thread and if there is something wrong with it please let me know. Yet toolmanmike has to jump in and put his 2 cents worth in and tell him to correct something that to me looks just fine. I had a for sale thread back a while ago and he jumped in there and changed it on me and ended up spelling the word Porsche wrong which really pissed me off, if you do not know how to spell then stay out. I have seen other threads where he has to jump in with his little piddley things. I think Joeychgo needs to step in and have a little talk with his Staff Members or in toolmanmike's case his Pro Mod(erator) Staff Member or I know of at least one GOLD member who won't go back to GOLD on this forum. I do not normally let things like this bother me but he is very quick to the draw to correct someone on this site, now Joeychgo needs to have a talk with him. I enjoy being on this site, but I do not need another Mother telling me what I can or can't do. If I am out of line here please let me know
Bob
Just doing my job Bob. Darrell didn"t have a value for his car he wanted to trade. I contacted him and the original post was changed to include the information. ( as per sale rules) . Toolmanmike

Last edited:
Doing your job is not the problem Mike I would not want your job but I think just letting the member know via starting a conversation and then allowing him or her to make there adjustments with in the allowed edit time would be fine, and once that edit is done to meet the rules then delete you request so it is not on the post for everyone to see. If they do not make the adjustments that are needed to meet the forums rules then either delete it or make the adjustments yourself, which you have done in the past. I do not want to go and look at a members for sale or for trade threads and see that a staff member has posted a copy of the rules for them to follow, I want to look at what they have to offer or need. We are supposed to be here to help each other out not to embarrass them.
Bob

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, welcome to the club ToolmanMike.

What might seem piddly to some is actually what keeps the site as clean and running as it is!! Not Including a value opens up a wide variety of questions as to it's worth! Remember that most people don't read the entire thread, and if there is no value attached there will be a dozen questions about the value of the item, just like on the FB Mopar sites, which will just increase moderator involvement!

The car in question could have a wide range of value, what you think it's worth, what the next guy thinks it's worth, what the owner thinks it's worth, and what he is willing to trade for! If you've seen some of the values attached to vehicles on other sites, or the lack of information and price included in their ads, you will realize why we have those rules in place! It's near impossible sometimes to figure out where, what or why people list stuff like they do, and the fishing ads and "what's it worth" ads are the worst! It's your item, you know what the value is to you, it's pretty simple to follow the rules here and create an ad that helps both buyer and seller! That's all we ask!

As for Mike, he does a lot for this site to keep it clean and running smooth, and it would be a loss to have him do anything but what he does every day! He loves FABO and wants it to be the best it can be! Of course not everybody is going to be happy with what the mods have to do, but IMO he is one of the best we've had!!

I do not want to go and look at a members for sale or for trade threads and see that a staff member has posted a copy of the rules for them to follow, I want to look at what they have to offer or need. We are supposed to be here to help each other out not to embarrass them.

if they read and followed the easy to follow rules in the first place then no one would have to deal with the rules being posted in a thread.. be pissed at the poster of the ad. not the mods..

Doing your job is not the problem Mike I would not want your job but I think just letting the member know via starting a conversation and then allowing him or her to make there adjustments with in the allowed edit time would be fine, and once that edit is done to meet the rules then delete you request so it is not on the post for everyone to see. If they do not make the adjustments that are needed to meet the forums rules then either delete it or make the adjustments yourself, which you have done in the past. I do not want to go and look at a members for sale or for trade threads and see that a staff member has posted a copy of the rules for them to follow, I want to look at what they have to offer or need. We are supposed to be here to help each other out not to embarrass them.
Bob
Bob, I respond to problems on the threads to teach others. If all the conversations take place behind the scenes no one but the seller and I know about it. If it's in the thread, 100's of members see and hopefully learn. Also, it's pretty tough to go back to every thread we (moderators) interact with so we can delete posts and clean up the thread. The thread I responded to over coffee this morning might be 5 pages back when I turn my computer on when I get home from work. Lastly, many that sell here don't read or maybe don't understand the sale rules when they post a ad. If I copy and paste a part of the rules it's not to embarrass someone but to teach them the proper way. "We are supposed to be here to help each other not to embarrass them" is exactly what I try to do. tmm

I think Joeychgo needs to step in and have a little talk with his Staff Members

Hmmm.. Well maybe you could have sent me a PM instead of posting this publically.

That said. I prefer the mods make the post rule corrections publically like that instead of privately so that other people see it and learn the rules. It saves some future problems. It also lets people know that we're paying attention. Its also quicker to do since they don't have to take a second step of sending a PM. That might not sound like much but when your checking 2 dozen threads at a time, it really does save some moderator time.

I had a for sale thread back a while ago and he jumped in there and changed it on me and ended up spelling the word Porsche wrong which really pissed me off

Without seeing the thread I really cant comment.

This board is run pretty clean IMO. In fact there is a Member who post here and The Bullet and what is put in threads over there would not be tolerated here which makes it more user friendly on FABO.... I wouldn't change anything myself. But nothing has happened to me personally here that would make me think differently....

JW

If I am out of line here please let me know
Bob

You are out of line. If everybody see's these comments and advice, perhaps more sellers will abide by the simple rules Joey set out for everyone to follow. Until then, we will continue commenting in and editing ads that don't meet the basic requirements.
Thank you for your cooperation........
Staff Member (Moderator)

The Mod squad is on the job. at least we know who they are. They do not hide.
on the internet, millions are watching.

-
Back