Stand by Carolinas!

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Your going to get clobbered by this storm. Shield up or get out or up to high ground. No joking here.

They say especially In the inland waterways as your going to get a storm surge inbound and 3-4 possible feet of rain outbound so it could create some huge floods. Cape Fear is center mass at the moment

Yup, but the last time I rode one out I lived in Jacksonville so I took a beating.

We should only get some rain here near Greensboro!

I'm in Fayetteville, this should be a fun one :)

My sister lives in Charleston,SC. Born and raised here in Oklahoma but moved to South Carolina for a traveling RN job. She makes far more money there then she did here in OK. She is hoping for the best. I’ve never experienced a hurricane or hurricane like storms. Been through many tornados and they are some serious ****.

Your going to get clobbered by this storm. Shield up or get out or up to high ground. No joking here.
Made it through a few of these in Myrtle Beach but this one seems a little worse, the wife is scared to death so we are heading for Tennessee. I have never been there so at least I will get too see something new!

From which one?
Both of these are headed straight in down there, and I don't see much to cause them to turn.
Also hearing a possible 30 inches of rain just from the first one.

storms.jpg

There is no doubt it's gonna be VERY ugly on the coast!

I have ridden out 2 Category 3s when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune. This one is a Category 4 so the winds will be higher and the rain will be rediculous.

Please get a couple of hundred miles away from the coast of you can.

If you have children, DO NOT BE AN IDIOT! TRAVEL AWAY!

The coastal areas are very low and the flooding will be rediculous! Especially if landfall is South of where you are.

As long as the generator is going I can make progress on that hemi swap......

I lived in Tidewater VA for years, they are being mandatory evacuated starting tomorrow. I pray that all my friends can get safe. I made it through Isabel in 2003 and man that was bad.

I would be evacuating if I were in the path.

I waited until the last minute to take my family out of Biloxi for Katrina. Took us 4 hours to go 60 miles to Mobile, then got better as we headed North. Returned after 8 days. We still had to manuver around downed trees to get to the house. Luckily we only had fences blown down. Houses on the street behind us took water.

Lots of people in our neighborhood stayed through the storm and made it, but the aftermath is no fun.

If you have a way to leave, do it.

I’m down here in the Charleston area as well...the wife and I are gonna ride it out as well! Got my generator from the last 3 storms...spent part of the day prepping...mandatory evacuation starts tomorrow at noon for the coastal residents. I’m about 45 miles out so we should be good to go!!!

We are in the center of the state close to Greensboro. Hope this one would make an eastern turn and go out to sea.
Stay safe everyone

We have been hit here in Fl. by so many hurricanes. I live close to Tampa. These things are no joke! If you have options, take them. Better to make an Insurance claim then Funeral arrangements!! First one I recall is Hurricane Donna in 1960. 439 dead!

Wonder if Camp Lejeune will have field ops that day....good training! I walked a post when a Cat 5 Typhoon 'Betty' passed south of us only 60 miles away. Phillipines, 1987. Rain was sideways and I had to climb down an 80 foot open metal tower when it started to lightning. Flak jacket and helmet were uniforms of the day! Gnarly stuff.

I drove my Fury down to Sarasota today, quality time with my Mom till it is safe to go back. Hope everyone stays safe.

question: Is 'Plant City' named for the fauna or the manufacturing? I like that name.

im up above greensboro on va line. been a wet fall so far already had floods and roads washed away and rivers still full and ground still saturated with water, if it hit like thay say gonna be a big ol mess for sure,im afraid!!

Prayers for you guys back there! My GF's daughter live in Mrtyle Beach. I'm going there in April to look at the possibility of moving there in a few years. I totally forgot that they get that kind of weather

-
Back