Star key direction

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Being bored in the winter with plenty of time. I did a little detailing. When I started to put it back together I came across a problem in my head.
I noticed, when putting the rear brakes back on the rear, the books say theres a star key with a L on it that goes to one side and the unmarked one on the other side. Both my keys are unmarked but screw out (or in) in different directions.
Now which way is the way it should be?
Pic for kicks.

100_0614.JPG

Using the view you are showing it will turn in the up direction to adjust out. As the top of the shoe moves out it pulls on the cable moving the adjustment lever up tightening the brakes. The male threaded end of the adjuster will be on the front (primary) shoe and the female threaded end will be on the back (secondary) shoe.

rumblefish360 said:
Being bored in the winter with plenty of time. I did a little detailing. ... Pic for kicks.
You must have been REALLY bored. It looks good though. :notworth:

340mopar;

Thanks. So I'll go back in later, twist the star keys teeth upward to expand the key to expand the pads. Because the lever under the teeth moves upward to expand the key.
Gotcha.

GotDart;

Yes, bored. Can't doing any body work. Not enuff dough for anything else, to cold to want to do anything outside. All project parts piled up minus a few that need to come in.
Thanks man. Heres a couple more rear shots.

100_0577.jpg

100_0574.jpg

-
Back