Starter

-

1971swinger

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of starter I can put on a 71 318 Dodge Dart Swinger can I put one of these new style smaller size starters on there can't seem to find as many starter that actually is listed for that vehicle car is completely stock exhaust manifold stock

This may not be the budget offering you're looking for, but these are Nice mini's with plents of cranking power, with the terminals in the correct spot, and they are a good performance starter.
BluePrint Engines

BPP9613BK_400x.jpg
BPP9613RDV2_400x.jpg

if you're looking to go the inexpensive route, look up one local for a 1992 dakota with a 5.2L

I use late 90's Dakota mini starter. Here's one for a 96 3.9 v6.

starter.jpg

This may not be the budget offering you're looking for, but these are Nice mini's with plents of cranking power, with the terminals in the correct spot, and they are a good performance starter.
BluePrint Engines

View attachment 1715276041View attachment 1715276042

if you're looking to go the inexpensive route, look up one local for a 1992 dakota with a 5.2L
I've seen these starters they look nice and affordable but everytime I punch in what vehicle I have it says it's not compatible on eBay I especially like the red one

This will fit on a 71 318 also??

About 5-6 years ago I pulled one off a mid 90's Dodge Forest Service truck with a 5.2 and payed 15 bucks for it. (still works like the day it went in, perfect)
Depending on the electrical lugs you might have to make a minor mod to those, but it's no big deal.

I've seen these starters they look nice and affordable but everytime I punch in what vehicle I have it says it's not compatible on eBay I especially like the red one
That's just because they aren't and OEM match. You can buy the blueprint ones right on the blueprint site. Itll fit...trust me lol

-
Back