Stay calm William

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got back from shopping in a local grocery store. I have to tell you this, I was behind a grandfather and his badly-behaved grandson. He had his hands full with the child screaming for sweets, biscuits, all sorts of things.
The granddad is saying in a controlled voice: “Easy, William, we won’t be long . . . easy boy.”
Another outburst and I heard the granddad calmly say : “It’s okay William. Just a couple more minutes and we’ll be out of here. Hang in there, boy.”
At the checkout the little horror is throwing items out of the grocery cart. Granddad says again in a controlled voice : “William, William, relax buddy, don’t get upset. We’ll be home in five minutes, stay cool William.”
Well, I was really impressed, so I went outside to where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. I said to the Grandad “It’s none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don’t know how you did it. That whole time you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his granddad.”
“Thanks,” said the Granddad. “But I am William. The little bastard’s name is Kevin.

I just got back from shopping in a local grocery store. I have to tell you this, I was behind a grandfather and his badly-behaved grandson. He had his hands full with the child screaming for sweets, biscuits, all sorts of things.
The granddad is saying in a controlled voice: “Easy, William, we won’t be long . . . easy boy.”
Another outburst and I heard the granddad calmly say : “It’s okay William. Just a couple more minutes and we’ll be out of here. Hang in there, boy.”
At the checkout the little horror is throwing items out of the grocery cart. Granddad says again in a controlled voice : “William, William, relax buddy, don’t get upset. We’ll be home in five minutes, stay cool William.”
Well, I was really impressed, so I went outside to where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. I said to the Grandad “It’s none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don’t know how you did it. That whole time you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his granddad.”
“Thanks,” said the Granddad. “But I am William. The little bastard’s name is Kevin.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah there is something about getting older. I had mine young in my 20s, i am not saying I was patient but now in my 50s I look at my wife and we both agree we cant take kids for very long...

I probably got my *** spanked the first time at age 3 maybe? Don't remember. I do remember she only had to tell me NO once.
Dad was an X marine. But mom did the "deed".
When I got older, I knew NOT to cross mom, or I would be picking my teeth up off the floor. No chit.

I probably got my *** spanked the first time at age 3 maybe? Don't remember. I do remember she only had to tell me NO once.
Dad was an X marine. But mom did the "deed".
When I got older, I knew NOT to cross mom, or I would be picking my teeth up off the floor. No chit.

i am the one who does the spanking at our house, shoot, i even spank the wife (but thats different)

i have this theory though, that spanking an unruly child pointless
so before i spank my children they get told what they did wrong, what the punishment is, and then...the child has to submit to its punishment and come lay across my lap
if they dont submit, i dont punish them
it once took my middle girl almost 2 hours to get to the point of submission, but she took her spankings, and im pretty sure that was the last time she needed it

yeah there is something about getting older. I had mine young in my 20s, i am not saying I was patient but now in my 50s I look at my wife and we both agree we cant take kids for very long...

our kids are spaced out a little, the oldest is 11, the youngest 3, yeah, there is a difference

Never spanked my boys. They are 24 and 28 years now. We always had other ways of punishment like no tv or the keys to the mini bike disappeared, game boy gone, snowmobile keys. Some sort of pleasure was taken away. After the first couple of times it was realized that the consequences of their actions would be payed in full. Have two good boys and proud of them.

I'm the youngest of 4 boys. (No girls)
We all got spanked at one time or another if we severely misbehaved.
I remember my dad saying to me ''I'm gonna spank you until your *** looks like two Jap flags''
And he did.
That was the last time too.
I was caught stealing a chocolate bar from the store on a dare when I was 5.........

I got my arse walloped a few times but deserved it. My kids got it too. Then they realized if they were acting up all I had to do was stare at them and they straightened right up. Problem solved

-
Back