Steering Box Size Comparison

-

Joeycurl

‘72 Demon 440
Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help me clarify how much space (clearance) i will gain by using your steering box 800127 from the stock? I have a big block 440 in my 72 demon, and have beyond super tight fit between headers and steering box. See the attached pictures.
20191114-steering rack and headers1.JPG
20191114-steering rack and headers2.JPG

Thank you for the link. I was looking at the specs and cannot determine the main housing diameter, this would be the round housing that is closest to the header. Given the same mounting points, knowing the diameter would tell me how much more clearance i will gain. Can this be shared?

It looks like the main housing at it's 3.94 inches per his diagram. This is at the largest section. My buddy did a borgenson conversion on an E body and he gained about 1/2" to the closest tube, running TTI's on a 440. I did have some pics but can't find them. If I come across them I'll post them up.

It looks like the main housing at it's 3.94 inches per his diagram. This is at the largest section. My buddy did a borgenson conversion on an E body and he gained about 1/2" to the closest tube, running TTI's on a 440. I did have some pics but can't find them. If I come across them I'll post them up.

Thank you! Would appreciate those pictures or is anyone else had pictures. BTW, I couldn't see where you got that dimension from

One more question, does the steering box just drops right in? or does the headers have to be removed prior to installation?

The Headers can be a problem, unless you spend the extra money on a set of TTI's. We tried Hedman, not right, then Headers by Doug and still had to move the front tube... about an hour extra. The Borgesion A-Body quick ratio power steering box does save space, but what an awesome upgrade from he 60 year old MOPAR Technology. I couldn't recommend Borgesion more, simply the best! At the same time we changed out to the IDidit A-Body tilt steering column.

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

-
Back