Steering column bracket differences??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have 2 column brackets, want to sell one, but need one for our 69 cuda.
Anyone tell me which is which? I'm thinking the larger one with 3 slots for those white plastic pieces is for 69.
Thanks
Steve

20191022_222909.jpg

20191022_222937.jpg

Not sure, but the long one sure is the same as my 69 manual steer FB!

I am hating this stupid IPad right know as it seems impossible to scroll the photo album to find and post the pic you want without haplessly tagging more than you want! Just venting!

A1645350-01DB-4F55-A472-501375200F22.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep lower one is 69 A body, and other years. 67 is it's own animal as usual. Looks similar but Uses diecast insulators instead of plastic.

Thanks guys, our 67 is same as the larger one, but didn't want to assume.
Matt what do you mean by die cast insulators? We put white plastic ones in our 67.
Also any idea what the smaller bracket is from?
Thanks all!
Yep lower one is 69 A body, and other years. 67 is it's own animal as usual. Looks similar but Uses diecast insulators instead of plastic.

Smaller Looks b-body. They all use the white plastic slide blocks!

67 used a similar biscuit mount isolator to 68 up and were slid in place but were diecast metal not nylon plastic. If yours is a late built 67, it may have come with plastic isolaters.

Ok imadumbass.....small one has part # 3748105 stamped on it....73-76 dart duster.
Wasnt sure if it was a std vs auto thing or what.

You guys keep messing with my head. I have 2 of the long ones laying in all my parts but haven't seen a small one for my 67. Now I have to check in to that . LOL Thought I was good to go on that .

Long ones are correct for 67-69(and maybe more) Short one is for 73-76 Dart and Dusters
If I can find the spare 67 bracket I have, I can show you what I am talking about

You guys keep messing with my head. I have 2 of the long ones laying in all my parts but haven't seen a small one for my 67. Now I have to check in to that . LOL Thought I was good to go on that .

Even w the metal isolaters there was still a short column to stud ground wire, and it still used those funky star washers, and special nuts with serrations on one side of the face.

Yep 3 point one is from 67-72. 68 up used plastic isolaters. 67 used die cast ones. I am sure the reason behind the plastic ones was saving steps and materials in manufacturing, make it cheaper, just like the 67 only brazed in bronse bushing wiper linkages vs the 68 up cheapie plastic clip ones. Save a step or process. Save money. Bean counters in action. This is why 69 cuda coupes dont have door window and quarter window ledge stainless trim. My 69 had no holes for it in the quarters. Doors did, but were from other cars. Left was 69 fastback, right was 67 coupe. 69 fastbacks had the stainless trim on the window ledge. Some of this stuff like the isolaters and wiper bushings the customer wouldent know or care, and it worked well enough to get it out of warranty 5/50 back then without breaking.

I have to say... This is the 1st time I have seen that 2 bolt bracket.
All 67 models I have or had owned had the 3 cast metal inserts.
I can't testify that none of them had the little ground jumper (it serves horn and column shift indicator lamp ground path). Not all of them had it.
Any 68 up with white plastic inserts should have that jumper.

-
Back