steering gear rebuilder

-

highflyer

Reaction score
Im looking for the steering gear rebuilder with the best rep today .is the builder in Oregon still in business...I have run across red head rebuilding..im looking at getting a 99 ram diesel box rebuilt and need some advise hear ..thanks ...j

whatever you do don't go to the guy I went to! It was for my 01ram 3500 4wd dually. There was some guy I found on the internet, who was featured in some Mustang magazine. He was in Kansas, or Missouri, or Nebraska, someplace in the mid west. I think his name was Coymer or something similar. He "rebuilt" a box and sent it to me, along with his blessed hydro boost ps pump. When I went to install it, it had rust inside the tapped fitting holes. I also replaced every ball joint, every tie rod, track bar, everything, and it still has "wander" in it. Thoroughly disappointed.

I called firm feel first, and they said they don't do the Saginaw truck boxes. But that was a few years ago, maybe they've branched out.

I recommend upgrading!

Sorry could not resist, but traded my 2000 3500 DRW CTD in for a 2015 3500 6.7 and I am one happy camper! The newer trucks have so much more torqe and power. My 2000 was beefed up good with lots of mods, injectors, turbo, Edge juice with attitude box, and still could not handle what this new truck does in stock trim! Old truck was 6 speed manual and new is Aisin auto. Fuel mileage is down a bit but hauling is a an absolute joy now!

Thanks all..cant upgrade ..just upgraded from a 99 tacoma to a 99 ram diesel..same mileage gobs more power.far better braking.less reliability..more work to own..never had to work on the toyota..called firm feel,tech told me only vintage stuff there..im settling on redhead.thanks again...j

Have you tried steer and gear?

X2 steer n gear in ohio can do it.

-
Back