Steering knuckle

-

Jesse Stevenson

Reaction score
My steering knuckle is very close to my headers in my 69 dart, I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on what I can buy or do to give me some more clearance, appreciate any advice.
Thanks

20211021_213034.jpg

Are you referring to one of these??
(69 Dart BB, stock exhaust, manual steering).

seriously, would spacing the header farther from the engine help? There are companies that sell parts to make headers and you could buy the plate that bolts to the head with no pipes and sandwich it between 2 gaskets...
Are you sure the motor is sitting flat in the K-frame. I had some clearance problems once until I realized the motor had cocked itself around a couple of degrees. Loosened the mounts jacked up the motor and got it sitting right, and voila, no clearance issues.

You are absolutely right, that is exactly what is bumping the header and mine has a bulky cover over the shaft.

If I could raise the motor maybe 3/8s of an inch on that side I would have enough clearance so maybe you are right and I will try to tweak the motor, thanks for your reply.

You are absolutely right, that is exactly what is bumping the header and mine has a bulky cover over the shaft.
I had that issue on my 69 Dart. I found some new CPPA headers for it. But the problem was one tube came to close to the steering coupler. I solved it by using a Flaming River steering joint.

Losen the motor mount bracket at the engine (3) lift the engine and retighen them. You may be surprised at how much it moved.

-
Back