Steve Torrence

-
These are professionals representing their sponsors and the sport of drag racing. That move by Torrance negatively portrayed both! There should be consequences!

Cley

I think Torrence is a spoiled rich punk but come on, None of you could honestly say you haven't done something in the heat of the moment you later regretted can you?
Sure have,Dont get me wrong I like Steve ,just didn't think it was right to shake his hand then punch him ,Just my opinion

Exactly, p king, not sure if the kid “mouthed off” after the hand shake or what happened, Steve should have kept his cool though. Unfortunately people will remember this one for a while. I do agree with his comments two years ago though, not a big fan of the “ countdown” myself..

Dosnt matter if your running in top fuel or a weekend racer at the local track. Not right ! He will probably just get a slap on the wrist & the NHRA saying don't do it again. What punishment would be right ? Fining him would be nothing to him. To late to take points away. He is suppose to be setting an example. I can see the NHRA just sweeping it under the rug. I didn't like him (to cocky to me) but I DID respect him. I did

Last edited:
I Know the show must go on, but NHRA should of had the balls to disqualify him right then and there. Their just opened the flood gates for more **** to happen. There is a lot of hard feelings over this that won’t go away any too soon. Kim

Last edited:
I jnii u w the show must go on, but NHRA should of had the balls to disqualify him right then and there. Their just opened the flood gates for more **** to happen. There is a lot of hard feelings over this that won’t go away any too soon. Kim

Far too harsh. You don't think this happens all the time in the pits? This one just got caught on Camera in front of millions. Once again I'm not defending what he did. Just way too much is being made out of it than necessary.

Last edited:
I didn't like him before this but he did beat Brittany Force in the next round.
I'm not sure why NHRA would penalize a driver points for oiling down the track and no points penalty for fighting.

I didn't like him before this but he did beat Brittany Force in the next round.
I'm not sure why NHRA would penalize a driver points for oiling down the track and no points penalty for fighting.
NHRA is all about packaging the show. Oil downs cut into showtime. If somebody's beating the snot put of somebody at ticket shack, who cares. Not cutting into the show. Usually not caught on camera.

NHRA is all about packaging the show. Oil downs cut into showtime. If somebody's beating the snot put of somebody at ticket shack, who cares. Not cutting into the show. Usually not caught on camera.
///////////////////////////////

I love a good hockey fight.
I'd have loved to see him get his *** kicked.
He's a punk.

He suffers from LMS little man syndrome lol

I say the NHRA needs to stay out of it. You let them dig in the sport will be as boring as nascar. Fighting has been part of the sport since day 1. Anyone under the age of 100 has seen a fight in the pits. The only thing that I saw wrong is the kid did not throttle him. Tree games are what they are. If they were illegal they would be. You have to keep some advantages to the guy that don’t have the million dollar sponsors. It’s Steve’s job to beat him if both lights turn green. Don’t punish the drivers for fighting. That is part of racing. Should be more like hockey, let them take a few shots, when one or both hit the ground you better break it up..my 2 cents that’s worth less

look at the 1st run of funny car...John Force Vs Robert Hight......anyone really thought JF was going to get down.....last year he smoked the tires...and this year he was late on the light and smoked the tires.....got out of the car with his wet suit on.....

yeah...we all knew.....so if i paid 50 bucks for a ticket...i should have knew ahead of time..that this would not be a race.....so was I scammed by Force Racing?

look at the 1st run of funny car...John Force Vs Robert Hight......anyone really thought JF was going to get down.....last year he smoked the tires...and this year he was late on the light and smoked the tires.....got out of the car with his wet suit on.....
////////////////////////

Tony Pedregon thought Ron Capps took a dive too.

Just a note. At the track Corey MacClenethan and on the broadcast Tony Pedregon gave Torrence the benefit of the doubt.
Not condoning the slap, but there are worse things like team orders

Robert Hight does big burn out and never backs up?????? shuts it off and climbs out of car and over wall.....why?

if he crossed the centerline or oiled the track he would lose points and lose the championship.......Force racing said they forgot to refuel the car...LOL

-
Back