STEVE WALSH MACHINE SHOP, LIBERTY NY

-
Reaction score
I was over at Steve Walsh’s Machine Shop on Monday. Ed (Steve’s brother) informed me that they are only working on 60’s and 70’s engines. They will no longer accept anything below or above those years. Ed told me he turned away a 2010 5.7 recently. He said those engines suck:).
Ed said parts earlier from the 60’s are scarce. Many bone yards are closing down. There isn’t a big clientele for these older vehicles which put a lot of businesses out of business. MOPAR CITY in Oregon IL is closing. Gary from Winkle Auto told me a lot of these guys with these yards are either dying off or retiring. Younger guys are not interested in the hobby and/or can’t afford the prices today. If I had the money I would purchase MOPAR CITY. I don’t know if there are interested parties.
FYI
AL

I thought Mopar city had closed about 2-3 years ago, they're like 2-1/2 hours from me. I haven't been there in probably 10 years, but I thought they'd had their "final closing sale" a while back.
So you're saying they're "closing" but not closed "yet"?

I thought Mopar city had closed about 2-3 years ago, they're like 2-1/2 hours from me. I haven't been there in probably 10 years, but I thought they'd had their "final closing sale" a while back.
So you're saying they're "closing" but not closed "yet"?
Last I heard was less than a year ago. They were looking for a buyer. I told Gary about it to see if he was interested. He said he can’t.

Maybe SSDART knows? He's the closest to there that I know, from here.
For a little bit yet anyway. Sounds like he's having one last sale up the road a couple of towns, in Rockford Illinois himself.

-
Back