Stihl Carburetor Parts

-

ChargedDart75

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good source for carb rebuild kits? It's for a Stihl BG 55 handheld blower. I think the diaphragm is junk on the little Zama carb (I need to make sure what model it is), but I've been unable to find anything for a rebuild kit. Amazon has some Chinese carbs, but I'd rather rebuild the original. I've found one rebuild kit, which is on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it's right. Trying to decipher all of their info is difficult at times.

Does anybody know of a good source for carb rebuild kits? It's for a Stihl BG 55 handheld blower. I think the diaphragm is junk on the little Zama carb (I need to make sure what model it is), but I've been unable to find anything for a rebuild kit. Amazon has some Chinese carbs, but I'd rather rebuild the original. I've found one rebuild kit, which is on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it's right. Trying to decipher all of their info is difficult at times.

Dude, I just buy another carburetor. Those import carburetors have worked great for me. I found one for my Stihl weedeater for like 11 bucks on ebay. It works fine.

Was just at my parts store, also a stihl dealer. Those are cheap carbs to begin with. Not worth trying to fix. They bolt on a new carb now.

Dude, I just buy another carburetor. Those import carburetors have worked great for me. I found one for my Stihl weedeater for like 11 bucks on ebay. It works fine.
I honestly don't mind to rebuild it. I'm concerned about the import carb due to some reviews I read on them specifically about a BG 55 blower.
Was just at my parts store, also a stihl dealer. Those are cheap carbs to begin with. Not worth trying to fix. They bolt on a new carb now.
I'm sure the Stihl brand is double the price of an import carb too.

I honestly don't mind to rebuild it. I'm concerned about the import carb due to some reviews I read on them specifically about a BG 55 blower.

I'm sure the Stihl brand is double the price of an import carb too.

ok

Lots of the later model small engine stuff now is just cheap.
All the consumer type products.
Zama carbs are no exception.

Do you remember if it had any issues with adjustment changing after a few uses? That seemed to be the biggest negative.

Mine just started up and it's been starting and running good ever since. I have never adjusted it. I just put it on.

Do you remember if it had any issues with adjustment changing after a few uses? That seemed to be the biggest negative.
When a 2 stroke mixture adjustment changes frequently, it's usually because of an air leak. Crank seals, mostly. And if it's a crank seal, make sure the crank bearings are good. When the crank "wobbles" on the bearings, the seals can leak.

When a 2 stroke mixture adjustment changes frequently, it's usually because of an air leak. Crank seals, mostly. And if it's a crank seal, make sure the crank bearings are good. When the crank "wobbles" on the bearings, the seals can leak.
I also wondered if some of it was sensitivity to ethanol gas. I know some of the older lawn equipment doesn't seem to like ethanol fuel like the newer stuff.

I'll second the cheap Amazon Chinese carburetor. I did that for the mini bike and off it went no problems..

I said the hell with it an ordered one. Sometimes I have a problem of overthinking things
Probably the best route. Stihl is back-ordered so far with parts that I would suspect you would have had a hard time getting anything through Stihl. I had a new head for my weedeater on order with my local Stihl dealer since June and I finally told him to cancel it.

Last time I was at my Stihl dealer he was telling me that they had bought out the carburetor manufacturer and a new carb for my old trimer was like $28.00.

I have good luck with the cheap Chinese carburetors. I have bought several of them and replaced them on my lawnmower, weedeater, Pollan saw etc. I put a kit in lawnmower last year and like a dummy left it setting with gas in the bowl all winter. So this year I just replaced the whole carb. It ran great all summer with a little tuning. I just rebuilt the carb in my old four wheeler the other day (without a kit) im gonna have to get a kit and rebuild it right im leaking around the bowl some and I can't get a steady tune.

I have good luck with the cheap Chinese carburetors. I have bought several of them and replaced them on my lawnmower, weedeater, Pollan saw etc. I put a kit in lawnmower last year and like a dummy left it setting with gas in the bowl all winter. So this year I just replaced the whole carb. It ran great all summer with a little tuning. I just rebuilt the carb in my old four wheeler the other day (without a kit) im gonna have to get a kit and rebuild it right im leaking around the bowl some and I can't get a steady tune.
I was hoping to get away with just a carb clean, but it didn't work so I ordered a carb. This blower has sat for a while so honestly I was more surprised it wasn't locked up. I always try to keep Staybil in the mowers and stuff, even with non-ethanol fuel. I'll go fire the mowers up once a month during the winter months, but I keep the weedeater empty of gas. My last use with it I drain all the gas out and fire it up and let it idle until it runs out of gas.

I was hoping to get away with just a carb clean, but it didn't work so I ordered a carb. This blower has sat for a while so honestly I was more surprised it wasn't locked up. I always try to keep Staybil in the mowers and stuff, even with non-ethanol fuel. I'll go fire the mowers up once a month during the winter months, but I keep the weedeater empty of gas. My last use with it I drain all the gas out and fire it up and let it idle until it runs out of gas.
I just mowed for the last time last week, and I drained the tank and then started the engine till it died hopefully that will help if from gumming up and rusting the carb out again. And I also ran non-ethenal all summer in the new carb.

I bought a Chinese carb for craftsman snowblower, works good.
I run hitest with Marine Stabil in all small engine stuff. Also use true Stihl 2stroke oil.
For $28 I woulda walked right into dealership and bought. Local...warranty etc...you saved $14 by buying off a big conglomerate.

I bought a Chinese carb for craftsman snowblower, works good.
I run hitest with Marine Stabil in all small engine stuff. Also use true Stihl 2stroke oil.
For $28 I woulda walked right into dealership and bought. Local...warranty etc...you saved $14 by buying off a big conglomerate.
If the dealer had it is the question.

Bought a chinese Walbro clone carb for a 49cc pocket bike. Started the first pull! Could not believe it as it never started with the old Walbro. I think it was 8 bucks shipped..no complaints.

If you don't mix gas and run premixed like TrueFuel, you'll never have trouble with it.

Ethanol free fuel certainly can’t hurt. Only used one Chinese carb. Worked fine. You can’t find Stihl parts on the Internet. You you have to go to a dealer. The BG55 is a lower end Stihl unit. You have to do repairs yourself for it to be cost efficient. That is if it needed crank seals or something similar.

-
Back