Still bubbling out overflow after changing water pump, thermostat, radiator,hoses??

-
Tool man guess didn't think so..not trying to piss anyone off ..just looking for best way to get info..but don't wanna mess up the forum not being correct in doing posts
Just trying to make it easier for you and everybody that helps you. It is so confusing with 2 different threads open about the same issue.

Just trying to make it easier for you and everybody that helps you. It is so confusing with 2 different threads open about the same issue.
Well one started with cooling issue and when I went to say what happened next day is when I brought up about the not starting... didn't know if everyone else would see it in the cooling post so I started a new title..don't think I mentioned coolant in my no starting thread..but sorry if it was confusing..

Tha S connected to the fuseable link correct. Stop by the auto parts store and get a roll of wire or at least the same gauge or thicker. Splice a section in. Check for there connector section. Butt connect, heat shrink it. Route the wire from the engine compartment through the bulk head into the cabin. You can use bullet connectors on the outside or inside the car to make disconnections easier.

Tha S connected to the fuseable link correct. Stop by the auto parts store and get a roll of wire or at least the same gauge or thicker. Splice a section in. Check for there connector section. Butt connect, heat shrink it. Route the wire from the engine compartment through the bulk head into the cabin. You can use bullet connectors on the outside or inside the car to make disconnections easier.
The housing got melted and the plug

If you can’t get a wire through, drill it!
How many wires damaged?

Almost the whole middle plug ..left and right side are ok...it would be fine to just drill it and make my own connection??
Yea man! That’s what I’m telling you to do. I think one of my cars here has tha done. This is how I did it twice before.

Yes, you essentially bypass the plug. Drill through connector to pass wires through and hard wire.
As mentioned, insulated bullet connectors can be used for disconnecting.
Dont use spades, they dont handle the load as well. And bullet connectors pass through a smaller hole.

Yes, you essentially bypass the plug. Drill through connector to pass wires through and hard wire.
As mentioned, insulated bullet connectors can be used for disconnecting.
Dont use spades, they dont handle the load as well. And bullet connectors pass through a smaller hole.
Ok great.. what about the wire that says fusable link..it looks to me just like a 10 guage wire with a tag affixed that says fusable link?? Is it something specific about that wire?

Leave that one alone. It is designed to “break” under to much load. For some reason, it didn’t this time. The other wires took the load and burnt out.

Leave that one alone. It is designed to “break” under to much load. For some reason, it didn’t this time. The other wires took the load and burnt out.
The plug cooked on the fusable link wire.and cooked the insulation and plug on inside of car firewall..and the big guage black wire burnt up..those 2 are the worse ones other just look a little effected from those 2.should I just cut the wire as close as I can to the plug and use the rest of wire that says fusable link

Use as much of the fuseable link as possible without making any other work hard to perform.
The fuseable link is (supposed) to be your friend. Attach the new wire to it and run it through the fire wall to reconnect to the rest of the wiring.

look all wires over for the reason it fried
Ya I can't find anything else amiss I've been looking..could it have friend from starter sticking..or did wires burning up cause the sticking starter..was sticking for last dozen or so starts before this happened intermittently of course

The sticky starter could very well made a Contribution to this mess

I cant see starter causing it,as relay carries load. But i could see it causing your starter problem.

-
Back