Stock 273 exhaust

-

Bud27

Reaction score
I have a stock 273 two barrel that will be grading engine intake and carb what's the stock exhaust size from the manifolds and what what's going to give me the best performance as far as size .

If I'm reading this correctly? A 2 1/4" lead pipe would make a nice dual system for a stock 273"...

Ok resonator What exactly does it do ! I've read about a ford exhaust that used one ,but I never really looked into it and what it's used for .
Just googled it thanks again

My 273 had dual exhaust from the manifolds back. Went with 2 1/4 pipe to 2 flowmasters with rectangle tips out the back. Sounded good and helped with performance over single exhaust. You are limited to flow due to the pinch in drivers manifold but it's enough for your displacement.

I have true dual exhaust on my 66 cuda 1 7/8 from manifolds to bottom of firewall 2 1/4 back to 2 1/2 Magna flow Magna packs 2 1/4 to the 2 1/2 oval tips, this system is loud and obnoxious and i love it!!!

Attachments

• cuda exhaust 3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 191
Here's the Accurite LTD HP exhaust behind a HP273 with a Isky E-4 cam. It's pretty mild with the muffler that comes in the kit. A nice Magnaflow might give a more throaty sound without highway speed drone. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARQ9WrSP0xk"]008 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Ok resonator What exactly does it do ! I've read about a ford exhaust that used one ,but I never really looked into it and what it's used for .
Just googled it thanks again

The original HP exhaust had two 2 1/4" straight through mufflers. One straight through muffler is very loud so a second, or resonator, was added in line.

if little invested in the car a good 2-2 1/4 from the manifolds is fine but for the 1500.00 costom made headers no tti chit or any 1 else who say"s theres fit ,you will just be disappointed and frusterated .ive got 15k in new motor , trans, andrear end ,not including the car itself is mint, yes I would love to go to big exhaust ,then I could throw in a bottle and have 600 at rear ,buyt the tires wont stick and I haven't seen a 64-66 barracuda go for 18 k in 4 years , don't get buried in a car you cant get the $ back orhave deep pockets and go for it all .its already a early a cuda .what nice ride could you ask for ?? I cant afford the hellcat and do not like corvettes, sohere I am with 1 awsome65 barracuda for 3500.00 I could tub it , fenderwell headers , and some cal tracs . this car market is getting so soft and the new cars turbo"d up , with the best suspensions and traction controll7 gears .when I can pick up ahellcat 707 HP out of the show room older cars are taking a beating you have to be in it for the love of the car
gl with your build and I hope its all you want it to be thanks Jon

Well I just ordered 2 1/4 flowmaster 2 1/4 in and out going to just cut out the old and clamp the flowmaster 2 chamber in . Daughter loves the deeper sound of moms Mustang but hers a dual 2 1/4 all the way back . There both Motor Heads . Put a big smile on my face when they came racing down our residential street . Moms got a red convertable 302 and DD has the 65 Cuda 273 . Here's my Mopar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 188
Will the flowmaster give and added horses its a two barrel but going to add four barrel later after suspension and brake upgrades. I keep reading the headers are a pain in the @ss to install on these abodies.

-
Back