stock 67 barracuda rim size?

-

Sinner

Reaction score
hey guys so I ran into a predicament, the previous owner of my barracuda did a disc brake conversion on the front, the car came with 6 rims, the two that were already on the front, they already had tires on it, two on the back with shredded tires, and two other rims. so I didn't know that the bolt pattern would change if you do a disc brake conversion? needless to say I put two tires on the two rims that were just hanging out and tried to put them on. it didn't work, the rims didn't line up to the back wheels. so just to make sure I don't buy the wrong size tires, what is the stock barracuda rim size? (I couldn't see them on the rims and the tires are just shredded but the tires on the rim are trailer tires anyway). how can I found out the bolt pattern for the front so I can do the same size disc conversion on the back? also is there any consequences that might happen if I just leave it the way it is for a while? sorry if I did not explain thing clearly or right, I'm still new at cars this old. thanks for the help!

Your car most likely came with 14x4 1/2" rims, although disc brake and Formula S cars would've had 14x5 1/2" rims! Originally, your car would've had the 5x4" bolt circle, but it sounds like the change was made to the much more common 5x4.5" bolt circle, which is a good thing! They are better brakes, and a much wider rim selection is available!

There will be no problem running large bolt on the front and small bolt on the back, you would just have to keep two spares in the trunk, one for each bolt pattern! It will also not be a problem changing the rear to large bolt, depending on what rear end you have! If it is an 8 3/4", a simple change to the aftermarket large bolt axles and corresponding brakes will solve your problem! No need to switch to disc in the rear, although it is very doable!!!

No way for us to tell what you have for discs. Could be any size. You need to measure before you go any further and waste $$$

-
Back