Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanker

My first Chrysler
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I gave mine up in 82 when the headers were installed. According to my parts catalog the part numbers are 3830904(drivers side) and 3870059(passengers side). The drivers side had the sheet metal stove pipe as well.

Edit - I just thought I'd mention that there are sellers on eBay listing the drivers side manifold part number 3830904 for sale, but with the part number 3830905 cast on the part. Is that legitimate? Are those two part numbers interchangeable?

Last edited:
For a 904 casting yes I would consider those to be the same part. .......... But I do not KNOW that, and my little book only goes to 73/74.
If you do not yet have an exhaust
then there is nothing stopping you from getting better or different than 1975 manifolds. right?
If yes PM @Treblig and see what he has to offer.

My hope is for a stock set up complete with the heat riser. If the 904 and 905 are physically the same then I’ll go ahead with the 905.

For a 904 casting yes I would consider those to be the same part. .......... But I do not KNOW that, and my little book only goes to 73/74.
If you do not yet have an exhaust
then there is nothing stopping you from getting better or different than 1975 manifolds. right?
If yes PM @Treblig and see what he has to offer.
I no longer sell exhaust manifolds. But anyone can buy a 340 driver's manifold and a 96/97/98 Jeep Grand Cherokee passenger's manifold.

They made both smog pump and non-smog pump versions that year. Your 904 (905 casting) looks correct for that year if it's the non-smog version. Only fits '75-6 A-bodies, so, not a real easy one to find. I mostly came across the smog version being here in Ca. The smog versions were almost impossible to find that weren't cracked. I'd want one magnafluxed before I'd shell out any money for one. The RH manifold is a lot easier to find if you're not concerned about casting number. It fits all kinds of models, including trucks and vans all the way up to '79. There again, I'd still want it to be crack checked before shipping.

They made both smog pump and non-smog pump versions that year. Your 904 (905 casting) looks correct for that year if it's the non-smog version. Only fits '75-6 A-bodies, so, not a real easy one to find. I mostly came across the smog version being here in Ca. The smog versions were almost impossible to find that weren't cracked. I'd want one magnafluxed before I'd shell out any money for one. The RH manifold is a lot easier to find if you're not concerned about casting number. It fits all kinds of models, including trucks and vans all the way up to '79. There again, I'd still want it to be crack checked before shipping.
Thanks for the reply. My car came from Missouri so I'm guessing non smog. I picked it up in Texas from a guy in my unit at Ft Hood. I know of a 905 manifold with the heat riser that's currently available. Not cheap, but if they're on the rare side I guess I should go ahead and get it. As for the passengers side, I have no memory of what that looked like, but if someone has one that they know to be physically correct for my year even if the numbers don't match my manual I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back