Stock forged crank question.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is a stock forged crank the ticket for a blown engine that will be in the 550 to 600 crank HP and TQ range? I am wondering this because I just may have a core sitting right here.

Jack

Is a stock forged crank the ticket for a blown engine that will be in the 550 to 600 crank HP and TQ range? I am wondering this because I just may have a core sitting right here.

Jack

Thats what I am using with Eagle "H" beam forged rods and Diamond pistons! Forged crank is from a 1965 383. There is an article on Hotrods site about a B-engine build and it started with a 383 with stock bottom-end @ 750hp and beat on it for years. Then they stroked it to a 496".

Jack

Yup, sure as hell wouldn't use cast. Hey Jack ya going to get blown.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

dont know yet but im planning on making more power than that on my stock forged 340crank,time will tell ;)

I using Ross raging pistons (can be used in high boost apps), eagle forged h-beam rods (rated to 1500hp), eagle forged crank (rated to 1500hp)

-
Back