Stock Intake manifold with dual Dutra

-

SouthBay64

Reaction score
Hello!

Im getting ready to install my duals. I’m keeping my stock intake manifold and swapping the exhaust manifold for Dual Dutras. What problem will I encounter?

I can see that they are bolted together and I don’t know if this swap will require me to tow it home.

Any information will help.

Thanks!

Don't know. The intake manifold is not open to the exhaust. They only bolt together so that the intake can get manifold heat from the exhaust.

Also, I don't know what mods, if any will be needed to get them to fit together. For example, with my Offenhauser four barrel intake, I had to grind a little off the parting line on each runner of the exhaust manifold so they would fit together. You may need to do something similar, I don't know.

I do know that when Doug was selling them, they were not completely machined. You needed to do some final fitting and grinding on the runner flanges so they would fit properly on most anything. Now that Aussie is selling them, they are supposedly a more finished product, although it does say on the Aussie site that final fitting and grinding may be needed.

It's probably something you're just going to have to see about when you get everything in one spot.

Last edited:
You will have to use a mini starter. One from a late '90s 5.2 V8 work just fine

I’m using Hooker headers 3 into 1 on my 225, and the suggestion of the aluminum mini starter works well with any exhaust modifications. I picked up a Nippondenso (mini starter) from good old Pep Boys for an early 90’s V8 5.2 Magnum application. Plus the weight factor is half the stock starter so easier to handle. Thanks, Al

-
Back