stock or hv oil pump

-
If it has 6 main bearing woulden it have 10 cylinders?
I can get more photos tomorrow
Left web, right web, 3 centers ... V8

100_2639.JPG

Last edited:
I forgot about all of the 1/8 mile (wind em' up and shut em' down quick) tracks out there and some of the 1/4 mile ( havin more fun making mph) converting to 1/8 mile :( tracks, so a stock pan would be good enough for 7500 rpm passes
:thumbsup: I remember at Columbus an 1/8 mile guy after his first pass got out of his car trembling and saying he doesn't think he wants to make another 146 mph run. I felt bad for him. His car was well built and fully capable.

Last edited:
That’s one of those special high output wholly blocks.

I don't about a special high output wholly block. That is one of the 318 blocks that can be bored out to a 340 bore size.

Now for the disclaimer.

Always check your wall thickness before boring out to oversized.

I don't about a special high output wholly block. That is one of the 318 blocks that can be bored out to a 340 bore size.

Now for the disclaimer.

Always check your wall thickness before boring out to oversized.

Most I will go on a 360 block is .040
Then it hits my scrap pile. By then it has been rebuilt 3-4 times with lots of passes.

Most I will go on a 360 block is .040
Then it hits my scrap pile. By then it has been rebuilt 3-4 times with lots of passes.

If god wills it and I live long enough, I want to bore a poly 318 to 4 inches and put a 360 crank in it with aluminum heads and 2 4bbls. Just for fun.

I just put a sleeve in this thing! At 4.1630 over, no evidence of thinness was detected, and I did try!

I can't get that calculator to work.

Can you do the calculations for a 15/16 inner diameter tube? I also think you need to slow the velocity down a bit. 10 feet a second sounds awful fast to me.

TIA
YR

Sure,

15/16ths to what other size? Or do you want just that diameter? I don't know the flow rates of the pump exactly. I pulled 10 fps out of the air. I'll try a few examples and report back if you like. There is a pull down for each Factor to pick how the data is displayed.

Marion

I can't get that calculator to work.

Can you do the calculations for a 15/16 inner diameter tube? I also think you need to slow the velocity down a bit. 10 feet a second sounds awful fast to me.

TIA
YR
YR,

The 15/16 comes out to .9375 diameter. Using this and 10/5/2.5 fps and reported in GPM it calculated:

21.56, 10.75, and 5.37 gallons per minute.

FYI,
Marion

-
Back