Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok Karl, cut up a lemon, put it in a half gallon pan and boil it for 7 to 10 minutes, pour yourself a coffee cup full and drink on it like it or not! Add honey if you like but just do it and kick your feet up and stay overly warm ! You got your orders

I'll try that with some tea as I don't drink coffee.... :thumbsup:

I just bought some lemons last weekend.... :D

Morning!
-15 and 45 mph winds. Supposed to be snowing, cant tell.
Hey, ITS FRIDAY!!

wow !! Thats quite the routine, I leave everything that is over 40 lbs alone and try and work smart not hard :thankyou: 64 pertnear :popcorn: and still 188 lbs..
I have a four-set routine with five different muscle groups. I use 20-pound dumbells 25 lifts per exercise 10 seconds in between, 10 seconds between sets. It keeps the heart rate up, really works the muscle, and no heavy lifting. I agree I'm 65 the heavy lifting days are long gone.

Treadmill for me, fast walking pace and get my hart rate to over 110 for 3 minutes, do that twice ( in 1 hour) if I don't get side tracked this morning

Yesterday I did an hour tennis cardio followed with 45 minutes of lifting weights.

I ran a mile yesterday...

Finally I said, "Lady, just keep your purse".... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
s-l1600.jpg

Morning fellers! Great, the ol' Buick won't start. I see -17° on the weather map. I think I have a battery charger around somewhere.

Good Morning everyone, happy Friday. -10°F this AM, no wind currently. About a week of this stuff then supposedly up to the mid - upper 20's.

Karl, you being the small block guru on here. I'm building a 273 and want it to rev to at least 7k. I've been told stock rods and Egge domed pistons will do that just fine but I've bought ARP rod bolts.
I'll be using the stock 273 rocker assembly and the stock solid flat tappet lifters. I've already ordered a Cloyes Street Billet timing kit from Rock Auto.
I'm aiming for 10:1 or 10.5:1 compression in either the stock 273 heads or a set of cut 360 heads.
I'm looking for a cam with at least a 250 degree duration @0.050" and close to 0.600" lift. Maybe this one (Hughes 250/254, 108 lobe sep. 500/600 lift)or this one (Hughes 254/260 108 lobe sep. 600/615 lift).
The recommended Hughes springs are 1.800" installed height and require a 0.100" offset retainer. Stock installed height is closer to 1.6", right?
The Hughes package comes to $419 which isn't really the cheapest combo out there.
Do you have a tip where I should look for a springs, cam and retainers combo?
Like I said, I dont need lifters and a timing set so a complete kit wouldn't be economical.

Having access issues to some sites at work, got into one on Wednesday so thought I'd try a higher site, Rockport. No dice, didn't make the gate, went up with no chains on with plans to turn around. Backing down was getting me stuck, lots of winching to turn the truck around on a part of the road where maybe you shouldn't but I got outta there. That blown fuse is going to have to wait, at least it's redundant.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

Ya, exercise. I wish.
With messed up hips and knees it isnt easy. Is all i can do to get the work done in the shop. Sleep? Hardly.

Having access issues to some sites at work, got into one on Wednesday so thought I'd try a higher site, Rockport. No dice, didn't make the gate, went up with no chains on with plans to turn around. Backing down was getting me stuck, lots of winching to turn the truck around on a part of the road where maybe you shouldn't but I got outta there. That blown fuse is going to have to wait, at least it's redundant.

View attachment 1715856515

View attachment 1715856516

View attachment 1715856517

View attachment 1715856518

View attachment 1715856519
Time to do some sketchy ****! Do da
At least you still arent there…

Time to do some sketchy ****! Do da
At least you still arent there…

Yeah, I pushed in a little too far, truck doesn't steer as good backing out so kept putting me off into the deep stuff. Had two co-workers aware who knew where I was and ready to come out with another winch.

Fighting our IT “support”

We call it the "helpless desk" instead of the help desk, probably the same where you are. Fortunately there's one guy that's in another work area that helps me, took the "bit locker" off of my laptop USB port, if you've never had a laptop so locked down that it freaks out when you plug anything other than your companies encrypted USB drive you haven't lived lol!

-
Back