Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When I moved here we had a massive Mimosa in the front yard and another smaller one in the back. (Plus sprouts, everywhere) Pretty for a week with pink blooms. filthy and ugly the rest of the year. LOL. All long since removed, but still removing sprouts occasionally, I'm sure I burned it, but not a desirable fire wood. Not sappy, just little heat.
Not familair with that.

This ? Albizia julibrissin - Wikipedia

I went to 3 booths that had Mopar, was asked what I was looking for. "Dual point distributor" I said, they said they had but was "at home". I understand that you can't bring everything I guess.
No doubt it is sitting back in the corner on top of the never uncrated 1970 Hemi... :rofl:

Saw this on ebay with no bids. Forgot about it, but it got relisted. Ended up some flipper tried to run the price up at the last minute. I wasn't sure it was the real thing until it arrived.
Its been wet, but hopefully not under water.
upload_2022-5-22_8-54-47.png
upload_2022-5-22_8-55-55.png

Saw this on ebay with no bids. Forgot about it, but it got relisted. Ended up some flipper tried to run the price up at the last minute. I wasn't sure it was the real thing until it arrived.
Its been wet, but hopefully not under water.
View attachment 1715931431 View attachment 1715931433
Thats the way 90% nos looks. Bench check it before it goes in so tou know the rubber diaphragm is still good.

We had them in NY. Almost a weed.
There's some things that really just aren't worth the hassle. Wisteria - especially down south. Paper Mulberries should be eliminated on sight as far as I'm concerned. Even the red native ones when too close to the house can be a bit much - but they at least have good eating and don't have quite as agresssive roots.

Cottonwood are large trees and found in my area and find them along a water source.
A mature tree will use up to 75 gallons of water a day. Not a good firewood. Lighting likes them.
A PITA in spring when their seeds drop a white floating cotton type substance that blows around for a few weeks.
Some days it looks like we've had a light snow. Crap gets in the garage, car if you leave the windows down, AC unit has to be kept clean, air filter on Zero trac, etc...
Yeah I hate this type of tree. This one is pushing 75-90 feet tall. 3 feet in diameter. Well was. The top is now in my yard. The branch that fell measures 14.5 inches across for about 12 feet

looks like some big stuff fell. How high up was that? Not familiar with Cottonwood. I would guess that is a 'softer' hardwood? Is it good firewood at least?

Good Morning
It’ll burn, but I wouldn’t use it for more than a camp fire. Doesn’t burn well unless seasoned a long time and even then, the heat out put isnt very good or long

Looks right...
Found this article on a quick google search. 6 Trees You Should Never, Ever Plant | Southern Living Cotton wood is on the list as well as the Silver Maple I had removed recently. :BangHead:
I also have Mulberrys down back. LOL. AND, not dirty, but one of the most prolific weed trees of all Ailanthus/ Chinese Sumac. Remove a 40-50 foot one of those and many of its offspring. The article actually says the Cottonwood is good for firewood though. :thumbsup:

Thats the way 90% nos looks. Bench check it before it goes in so tou know the rubber diaphragm is still good.
I have to improve my test set up. I want to get the sender vs pressure numbers. If it works it will go on the next engine. I wasn't able to remove the sender from the current engine with it in the car. I put a length of reisstance wire in the line so it shows about the right pressure on the gage.

Man that writer is grumpy! Makes me look like Mr Sunshine. LOL
I can think of many worse trees to plant than Hackberry. Alanthias - Treee of Heaven is probably number 1.
Lol - se my last post. But nobody plants that, it just shows up.

Looks right...
Found this article on a quick google search. 6 Trees You Should Never, Ever Plant | Southern Living Cotton wood is on the list as well as the Silver Maple I had removed recently. :BangHead:
I read it hackberry isn't that bad and makes great firewood.
Cottonwood does have a long life span I have several 80 feet tall and probably 200 years old base on their size.
Bradford Pears are a little worthless tree. People in the area loose a portion of them in any wind storm. One nearby city has a proposed ban to plant them. They don't even burn well.

Alrighty. Breakfast time. Then back to finishing last night's mission - finding photos of me and my aunt for my cousin. They're putting togethe a slde show for my aunt's 100th!

That looks ugly

Be safe
it was and yes, all good here, thanks

New growth all over the yard this morning, green leaves everywhere

Been a long *** day. At drill, base got hit my a tornado right down the same path as 2008’s. Straight line winds though stretching near 60 miles. No idea how I’m getting home. Roads blocked with debris everywhere
hope all is well , a cotton wood hit my sons house last week.

Mornin"
Good morning everyone
Slowly getting going this morning. It'll be another warm one.

@memike , everything OK up on the Hill? Lots of nasty weather out there the last couple of days. You as well @dukeboy_318 .

Stay safe

Screenshot_20220501-122336_Gallery.jpg

Think I will go get some of the garden planted. Going to a York Revolution baseball game with guys from work this afternoon...

I read it hackberry isn't that bad and makes great firewood.
There's one in the neighbor's backyard behind us. The birds and squirrls love it. It's not too bad - a little messy - not much worse than oak or maple. See worse aphid issues on other trees, including my Hawthorne. :( I'm planting some alysum this year hoping it attracts natural predators called syphlid flies.

Man that writer is grumpy! Makes me look like Mr Sunshine. LOL
I can think of many worse trees to plant than Hackberry. Alanthias - Treee of Heaven is probably number 1.
:rofl: Mulberry (how many do you want), Cottonwood (lightning attractor and A/C condenser plugger), Bradford Pear (neighbor's gutter bender) Hackberry (sticks to pick up every day) THis old grump won't go on.

Oaks and hickory here on the hill, you should have seen them bending and dancing together yesterday at about 6pm.. new green leafs all over the ground.
Mother nature doing her spring trimming i guess

FB_IMG_1648659110122.jpg

:rofl: Mulberry (how many do you want), Cottonwood (lightning attractor and A/C condenser plugger), Bradford Pear (neighbor's gutter bender) Hackberry (sticks to pick up every day) THis old grump won't go on.

Blackberries are coming in. Already seeing pears on the trees so could be another bumper harvest this fall.

20220522_092340.jpg

20220522_095707.jpg

-
Back