Stop in for a cup of coffee

dukeboy_318

Reaction score
Yeah.. .they've been wearing out Title 10
More like title 32. Most of the covid orders have been title 32. The riot missions were classified as state riot missions except for the the DC missions. Which were title 32 as well

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep. Pretty much.

Happened when they changed to the "standardized P.T. Uniform
Then change from the wool Greens uniform to Polyester
Then change to add that stupid black beret (that the idiot stole from the Ranger regiment... turd)
Then the P.T. uniform changed again
Then the Greens uniform went away and the "Blue" dress uniform came online
Then there were TWO sets of ACU's ...one for A-stan, one for Iraq
NOW they're ditching the Blues uniform for "Pinks and Greens" which is a throwback to the WW-II Ike jacket...

Each change is EXTREMELY and increasingly expensive.... and soldiers get only a small fraction of a uniform allowance which is supposed to be for normal wear-and-tear replacement not wholesale changes.

All because a bunch of pretentious pricks sitting in the 5-sided sphincter think something looks "cool" and want a legacy.

AND even though they usually put "grandfather" clauses in the regulation change, professional development schools like Chris is talking about immediately adopt the changes as a requirement for attendance.

OK.

Rant over

Unconventional

Reaction score
$1500 for a trans sounds about right in today's economy. In '02 when I was puttin' the Swinger together A-1 quoted me $750 for my 904. Beer was about $5 a sixxer and now it's $10-12 :lol: . Right in line with inflation :lol:

dukeboy_318

Reaction score
Happened when they changed to the "standardized P.T. Uniform
Then change from the wool Greens uniform to Polyester
Then change to add that stupid black beret (that the idiot stole from the Ranger regiment... turd)
Then the P.T. uniform changed again
Then the Greens uniform went away and the "Blue" dress uniform came online
Then there were TWO sets of ACU's ...one for A-stan, one for Iraq
NOW they're ditching the Blues uniform for "Pinks and Greens" which is a throwback to the WW-II Ike jacket...

Each change is EXTREMELY and increasingly expensive.... and soldiers get only a small fraction of a uniform allowance which is supposed to be for normal wear-and-tear replacement not wholesale changes.

All because a bunch of pretentious pricks sitting in the 5-sided sphincter think something looks "cool" and want a legacy.

AND even though they usually put "grandfather" clauses in the regulation change, professional development schools like Chris is talking about immediately adopt the changes as a requirement for attendance.

OK.

Rant over
And those idiotic ACUs only had one pattern. The BDUs had two, technically 3.
The new OCP is just one

zkx14

Duster De-ruster
Reaction score
That went well. NOT! Couldn't get the linkage together from above in the bay. Go underneath and unbolt the starter shield so I can hopfully see it. Setting that aside and - BAM! - Wasp stung me on my chin. :mad: Hurt like hell, but so far not even swelling. Sitting here with an ice cube on it till I figure what else I need to do. :BangHead:

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
That went well. NOT! Couldn't get the linkage together from above in the bay. Go underneath and unbolt the starter shield so I can hopfully see it. Setting that aside and - BAM! - Wasp stung me on my chin. :mad: Hurt like hell, but so far not even swelling. Sitting here with an ice cube on it till I figure what else I need to do. :BangHead:

You need to call in Genghis Karl and his bee slayer system

Good thing you aren't allergic....

Unconventional

Reaction score

Swelling in that area could cause problems in beer tasting :rolleyes::lol:. I've only been bee stung once that I know of, right between my thumb and forefinger. Swole up so much it was pretty much unusable for 24 hrs or so.

MOPARMITCH

Mekong Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So a guy goes to see mechanic tells him he needs a starter motor on his Cadillac. Wants to know how much? Mechanic says $900. Customer says wtf?. Mechanics says come over here and look at this. Customer says what the f*** again.. Lol....
PXL_20220811_202410635.jpg
PXL_20220811_202444976.jpg
PXL_20220811_203113027.jpg

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

zkx14

Duster De-ruster
Reaction score

Not like epi allergic anyway. Only time I ever had a big problem was when I got hit simultaneously by 6 yellow jackets at different areas. Made my throat swell till difficult to swallow water... ER gave my bebedryl IV and it cleared up pretty quick. Still, that was the only other time I got stung in my face. So, just waiting to see what happens here. Been a good 20+ min already...

Unconventional

Reaction score

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not like epi allergic anyway. Only time I ever had a big problem was when I got hit simultaneously by 6 yellow jackets at different areas. Made my throat swell till difficult to swallow water... ER gave my bebedryl IV and it cleared up pretty quick. Still, that was the only other time I got stung in my face. So, just waiting to see what happens here. Been a good 20+ min already...

Ugh... Well hope it's a lot of nothing but the initial knock....

dukeboy_318

Reaction score

Unconventional

Reaction score
This is why mechanics hate engineers

That seems to extend to most real world building/maintenance trades :lol:. More than once I received "new" asphalt mix designs for projects that completely contradicted known practices. One so bad that I tracked down the CalTrans guy that gave it to me and told him it was junk before it was ever tried. "Well, that's the way they do it in Europe." was his response. :BangHead: Made the material just as they asked, passed all the testing procedures, 9 months later they were paying to grind it up and replace it with the proven materials for this climate. :realcrazy:

Fred Scigliano

Off center a bit
Reaction score
Heading to Gig Harbor Washington about the 22nd of this month I'll be taking an empty 16' enclosed trailer from Cando North Dakota and wondering if anyone needs something hauled out that direction? will be taking I-94 to I-90 it will be a fast trip and can't really go out of my way.

fatoldguy

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Heading to Gig Harbor Washington about the 22nd of this month I'll be taking an empty 16' enclosed trailer from Cando North Dakota and wondering if anyone needs something hauled out that direction? will be taking I-94 to I-90 it will be a fast trip and can't really go out of my way.
Have a safe trip Fred.:steering: